Eliza

Burpdog

Guest GreyhoundMommy

:f_white

All we can do is the best we know to do. You didn't let Eliza down and I'm sure she'd want you to know that.

~ Mary

Edited by GreyhoundMommy

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CleosMomma

Diane,

There are no words that have no already been said. Your devotion and love for the Greys is a real blessing, Eliza forgives you, Greys know not how to hold grudges, only unconditional love. She will greet you at the bridge with love and silly sloppy kisses all over again.

Bless you for your strength to be able to post her story. No baby of mine will ever take that drug for any reason - EVER.

Hugs to you and your crew.

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

Diane, I feel it in my heart that Eliza forgave you the day you held her in your arms and helped her cross. That is one of the most special gifts our pets give us is their uncanny ability to forgive. Thank you for having the courage to share your story. Eliza reminds me a lot of Alfie with her grinning and tail wagging.

Diane, I am so sorry, but I'm so grateful that you help spare so many dogs by sharing your story. You did what you thought was best for Eliza, and I know she has forgiven and loves you deeply. She's happy now and I'm sure she waits for you.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• 6 months later...

I'm so sorry. We never forget them.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Just hugs. Lots and lots and lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane, I believe we have experiences in our lives to teach us and help us grow. We are students who are learning, and at the same time we are teachers who are able to teach others. Eliza was your helper and teacher, so that you could teach and help others.

I think Eliza is at the Rainbow Bridge showing her big toothy grin because you were a wonderful student and learned the lessons she came to teach you. You have helped so many other dogs and people because of the knowledge you gained from having Eliza in your life.

There is nothing that needs to be forgiven.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

A beautiful testimonial.

I just sent your post and another to my son who has a 6-month old shepherd now on this horrendous treatment. He has been on it for a month and not one word has been mentioned about bringing the dog in for testing.

I hope these two testimonials get my son's attention.

Thank you for posting.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Diane, that was a beautiful tribute to a much loved girl. After reading it, I understand now why you are so opposed to rimadyl. I'm amazed that there are already two more sad stories of losses due to 'rare' side effects.

Just reading your messages prooves beyond a doubt that you do everything possible for your babies. I'm sure Eliza knew that.

I'm so sorry you're still hurting and feeling such guilt.

Nancy

Guest mleg2001
:grouphug I lost my heartdog 12 years ago similiar reasons I wish I had the access to information then like I have now, the past can't be undone, but lessons learned make a difference for the future.

Guest MaxiesMom

Oh Diane, there is nothing to forgive, you did what you thought was best with the information you had. Eliza had the best mom, and I know she felt your love each and every day. You are always there to offer advice when needed and have such hard won wisdom, when the vet suggested putting Cody on that awful med I remembered your posts and refused, Cody might very well be here longer because of you. I respect you so much, especially what you do for the seniors who so desperately need someone to champion their cause.

I am so sorry that you lost Eliza but what a meeting you two will share some day, I am sure she will be grinning that big toothy smile at just the site of you.

Any dog would be lucky to be given a place in your heart, (just ask Magic)

Hugs....

Kathleen

Tough anniversaries. Five years ago this past Sunday.

It's still so hard....and I still cry

Hugs and prayers for comfort to you, Diane. :f_red

We'll never know how many others have been spared because of your willingness to share about something that caused you immeasurable pain.

Lori