Eliza

Burpdog

Guest goofydog

Diane, I had not known Eliza's story until today. What a wonderful life she had with you and the joy you brought each other far out weighs her unfortunate passing. Please forgive yourself and dwell on your best times together.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry the pain is still there, Diane. For what it is worth, I would like to tell you that your story of Eliza possibly saved my cat and my dog. At different times, they were prescribed NSAIDs, and both stopped eating within about 3 days. Especially for my cat, who is absolutely the most food-obsessed creature on Earth, no appetite is a big warning signal. I remembered Eliza's story both times, and then did some research, and stopped the NSAIDs in both cases. Luckily, they both recovered without complications. I now prefer to use Traumeel and other methods of pain relief, which have so far been successful. Eliza is our angel too.

oh Diane :(:cry1 I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain over Eliza :( I'm sure she has saved countless other lives.

sending you many, many hugs. :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}

Rest well, pretty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry, again, for your loss of the beautiful Eliza. I hope with time you'll forgive yourself--we all are trying to do the best we can by our dogs and I have to believe they love us no matter what the outcome. Add me to the list of people who is aware of the risks of NSAIDs, particularly Rimadyl, because of your campaign.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• 11 months later...

I had not seen Eliza's story until today. Thank you for sharing this valuable information with the rest of us. It is a tribute to your girl that you are helping to save so many others. Hugs to you on this sad anniversary.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Can you believe, another year gone by!

Please remember to read the insert. Remember to remind your vet if you do not want NSAIDs used on your dogs, every time you go in.

Thinking of you Eliza Jane :grouphug

Yes yes yes yes yes. Same goes for other types of medications.

Rest well, special girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane, sending hugs as you remember your beautiful Eliza.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Thank you for the reminder, Diane. Because of your generosity, and others like you who are willing to share their heartache, so many greyt dogs will be spared. So many lessons learned the hard way. But I know that Eliza's huge heart has never contained anything other than love for you. Listen for her message in the rustle of the leaves, the sound of rain, the laughter of children and music that warms the heart and soul.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 1 year later...

I thought of Eliza a lot this past weekend. Finally figured out why -- another year gone. That time to remember and remind everyone to read the product inserts and if you aren't given one, demand one. I don't care what the drug is -- you should know what to look for as far as side effects. Wish I had been smarter back then :(

Love your kids today for you know not what tomorrow brings.....

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I thought of Eliza a lot this past weekend. Finally figured out why -- another year gone. That time to remember and remind everyone to read the product inserts and if you aren't given one, demand one. I don't care what the drug is -- you should know what to look for as far as side effects. Wish I had been smarter back then :(

Love your kids today for you know not what tomorrow brings.....

Thank you for the reminder. :grouphug as you remember her today.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Rest well, beloved girl.

Thank you for the reminder. I always ask.......I always will. Hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest IrskasMom

Diane :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Just a couple Days ago , I thought of Eliza and the Story of here. My Friend , who comes regular to the Park with her two Dogs , has her 15 Year old Border Collie for over 4 Years on Rimadyl . She also told me , she goes for Bloodwork every so often . .

Edited by IrskasMom

• 11 months later...

I knew it was time to come here again. How can it be SO hard after all this time? How can it still hurt so much.

Everything is the same except the year:

Do your research, read the product inserts, don't follow blindly on -- take some responsibility. Somehow making a choice even if it doesn't work out is better making it with knowledge than doing something in ignorance.

For the new people: when starting a NSAID, do blood work then follow up in two weeks, then in four weeks. If the platelets, kidneys and liver are ok, you can spread out the blood work. Don't cheap out on this. Had we done it with Eliza we could have saved her. Wanted to edit this and say: my vet did per Pfizer's protocol. She died before the second blood test.

elizatrancebig_zpsamrvkldi.jpg

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 2 weeks later...