Eliza

Burpdog

I have not heard of Rimadyl...thank you for sharing your story. I will now research any drug prescribed to the pups before I give it to them especially NSAIDS.

Gee, I'm so sorry but I'm sure you did everything out of love.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomofCash

Diane - I did not know about Eliza. Thanks for sharing her story and what your experiences with her has taught you and so many others. All I can do now is say "Thank you, Eliza ... because whenever I have a question, your Mommie is the first one I think of because I consider her the most knowledgeable. I'm sure, i part, that is because of you".

And Diane - I am positive she has long ago forgiven you. You have such a huge heart and caring soul.

Take care.

Gail

Guest vahoundlover

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

You do so much to help all of us and more importantly the dogs....I KNOW Eliza is looking down upon you, smiling and saying to all the other Angels "There's MY mom"

:f_pink

I AM SO VERY SORRY!!!!! :grouphug:kiss2 You were having Fun and I am sure there was no other way she would wanted to have it, she has forgave you and running FREE you have to forgive yourself!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I don't post often but I feel compelled to tell you...

It is because of the rimadyl education you have provided through greytalk that I immediately removed one of my hounds from it when he exhibited some odd symptoms. He's fine. I won't use it ever again unless absolutely necessary and then only with thorough bloodwork before and during. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am sure that you saved his life. Eliza knows this too.

Edited by LuvEarsies

Bernadette with Jak, Horizon, Kota, Barnaby, Madison, Earl, Tiggy, Finney, Tommy, Woody, Tyler and Lincoln all at the bridge

Guest poopsie1

Diane, what a beautiful tribute to your Eliza. I too feel the guilt you carry since I lost my Skeetie to Rimadyl in 2004. She was only on it for two weeks. Not a day goes by that I don't tell her how sorry I am. Eliza's memory lives on each time you post another "episode" of the Rainbow Land Players and through the wealth of information you have provided to people on this forum. Eliza knows how much you loved her and you did what you thought was right at the time. She will never be forgotten. Thank you for sharing this with everyone and you can be sure that when you are reunited at the bridge your sweet baby girl will greet you with her wagging tail and big, toothy grin. God bless you. :grouphugf_yellow

:cry1:brokenheart

I feel and understand your pain.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 1 year later...

Another year passes and I still cry when I write/copy this. Ten years she's been gone!

I can't believe it still hurts so much :cry1 Please do the blood work and read the product insert!

Nothing has changed, except the year.....so I just copied and pasted, and changed the year

Its been 10 years since her light left my life and this earth.

Be aware of the side effects of all NSAIDs. Make sure you receive a product insert. Make sure blood work is done before starting on them (for instance, this is Pfizer's protocol regarding rimadyl--not mine!) and at two weeks (yes, two weeks--had that been done, I believe Eliza could have been saved), then every 6 weeks. Make sure platelets are checked in addition to kidney & liver function.

Do not treat these drugs lightly--there is a reason that death was added as a side effect! I say this because I have noticed that many people pop NSAIDs into their pets like we take aspirin or ibuprofen. There is a reason the drug companies say "do blood work before dispensing". Listen to your vet if he/she recommends blood work, and if he/she does not do blood work, request it!

I have managed for 10 years and with 19+ other seniors to treat without the use of NSAIDs.

Thank heaven!!!

I thought the other day while updating the Rainbow Land thread, about meeting her and seeing that great big smile and hugging her and telling her how sorry I am. That day is not too far off and I hope I can leave my guilt at the bridge when we go over.......

I :wub: you Eliza Jane.

Eliza-1.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Forgiveness is found in the love of our dear companions who never leave us and encourage us to share the love with other greyhounds who need homes and love. Wishing you the joy of your memories of your dear Eliza, relief body & soul.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest boondog

I hope you can find peace in knowing that you've helped others by posting this. It's this story that made me look at acupuncture as an option for Dillon's spinal arthritis, even though I was a skeptic. It's made all the difference in her life.

:grouphug

Diane I am positive that Eliza would tell you "Mom, there is nothing to forgive. You did not do this to me intentionally. You tried to do the very best by me. You trusted those that should have known the answers. You did your best with the knowledge you had at the time." For each and every decision we make in life there is a reaction. We cannot go back and second guess each one of those decisions when we have further information that would have changed our course of action. Posting this information here has probably saved countless lives - that is Eliza's legacy. So please stop beating yourself up - I am sure that Eliza will meet you at the bridge ( many, MANY years from now ) with a big smile and a sloppy kiss and trust in her eyes because she knows how very much you loved her. Be kind to yourself Diane - I bet that is what your Rainbow Bridge kids would want.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Diane,

Your heart knows that she knows how much you love her, and that she would never have blamed you even for a second.

She knew love. What more could any of us hope for?

Holding you in my heart. :beatheart

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Diane, there is nothing to forgive. Eliza is looking forward to seeing you again, whenever that is. And I am sure that she is up there showing Argos around and welcoming him with a waggy tail.

Edited by CMoon75
gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Thank you Diane, for making sure that so many people are educated about Rimadyl. Your experience with your dear sweet Eliza has saved many, many dogs.

She is patiently, happily waiting for you at the Bridge.

Thank you Diane, for making sure that so many people are educated about Rimadyl. Your experience with your dear sweet Eliza has saved many, many dogs.

She is patiently, happily waiting for you at the Bridge.

This was so well said. Diane, if Eliza could talk to you now she would tell you what a good job you have done in saving the lives of other dogs. We had a Dalmatian that had a severe reaction to Rimadyl and never quite returned to good health (although he did survive it). I didn't know until it was too late that it was dangerous for our dogs. We can only do our best and take what we learn in life with us to help others. You have made a big difference.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy