Eliza

Burpdog

{{{{{{{{{{Diane}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sure she's forgiven you long since. Maybe she hasn't let you know because she wants you to keep asking questions and helping other people learn?

I hope it is a long time before you get to meet her ... and I hope your very special girl keeps good watch over you every minute till then.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Georgiegirl

Bless you - you are a loving owner and Eliza was a lucky girl. We cannot always know when our pets are ill. I'm so sorry your baby girl died - I know how hard it is. love Hannah xxxxx

Diane thank you for sharing something so intimate with us. I'm sure before she crossed that bridge she had forgiven you...they just do that. My heart aches for you...I know how you feel...I really do.

She's never left you...she's right there...in your heart...take comfort in knowing you did everything you could for her and she appreciated it.

• 1 year later...

In a few days it will be 8 years since her light left my life and this earth.

Be aware of the side effects of all NSAIDs. Make sure you receive a product insert. Make sure blood work is done before starting on them (for instance, this is Pfizer's protocol regarding rimadyl--not mine!) and at two weeks (yes, two weeks--had that been done, I believe Eliza could have been saved), then every 6 weeks. Make sure platelets are checked in addition to kidney & liver function.

Do not treat these drugs lightly--there is a reason that death was added as a side effect! I say this because I have noticed that many people pop NSAIDs into their pets like we take aspirin or ibuprofen. There is a reason the drug companies say "do blood work before dispensing". Listen to your vet if he/she recommends blood work, and if he/she does not do blood work, request it!

I have managed for 8 years and with 16 other seniors to treat without the use of NSAIDs.

Thank heaven!!!

I thought the other day (after sending Slick off) about meeting her and seeing that great big smile and hugging her and telling her how sorry I am. That day is not too far off and I hope I can leave my guilt at the bridge when we go over.......

I :wub: you Eliza Jane.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest tammymacb

I am sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking. Thank you, though, for a very important piece of advice. Eliza was a lucky girl to have you for a mom. :grouphug

Diane, I'm sorry for your pain. I'm sorry you went through that. But your grey was loved and knew that and who could ask for more? Hugs to you. Continue to run free Eliza.

:f_pink:grouphug:gh_run

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :grouphug:grouphug Eliza forgives you. You have kept her memory alive in your heart and in your words..always trying to help the rest of us...Thank You :grouphug

:f_pink

I dont know how I missed this 3 years ago but I am so sorry Diane. Think of all the lives you've saved.... Eliza has forgiven you 100 times over dont you worry... Well Im sure she'd like some Burpdogs in heaven :wub: Her legacy lives on in every life you save and every person who reads this :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Could we have some pictures of Eliza Jane? I have gret respect for your "warning efforts" in this area--all the more so because it obviously causes you such pain.

Hugs--big hugs.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest greytgirl

awww Eliza your so so beautiful, especially with that funky bush hair :lol

Im so so sorry for the loss of Eliza :cry1 You must never blame yourself, all you did was give love and the best care you could. My Tasha has muscular skelatol disorder (extreme arthritis) and she was prescribed Rymidil, unknown drug to me, I started her on it, was cleaning up her poop as always and noticed a little blood straight away..well that was it, back to the vets, she is 14yrs old, and I wanted this sorting, still not aware that this drug could have caused it, I was thinking the worst...cancer and so on. :( Im just so glad I spotted it straight away, and it is so brave of you to share this story, as for people like myself you are providing life saving info for our beloved pets.

sending you love and :grouphug

Eliza, I love seeing you communing with your fern.

You should be very proud of your momma here -- she does so much to teach people, to look and listen and ask questions. And to give a dog a delicious biscuit!

Rest well, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

diane, surely eliza knows that you did your very best for her :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest darlene

Diane, I'm pretty sure you aren't even aware of how many people you help on here. I read every post you make! I have such great respect for you, and it really touches my heart how you can take in the seniors, and encourage other people to also, knowing they won't have them very long. You are such an unselfish person, and always helping other people, and we ALL appreciate it more than you'll ever know! As others have said, Eliza Jane was so very lucky to have you for her Mom, and I'm sure some day you'll get the forgiveness from her that you need, that has been there all along. :bighug

Guest CookieLover

Thinking of you and Eliza Jane and appreciating your efforts to help and educate us all - certainly that makes one sweet little brindle girl proud of her momma! Thank you Diane - remember her fondly and with peace and a smile (love the fern shot!).

• 11 months later...

I can't believe it still hurts so much :cry1 Please do the blood work and read the product insert!

Nothing has changed, except the year.....so I just copied and pasted, and changed the year :(

In a few days it will be 9 years since her light left my life and this earth.

Be aware of the side effects of all NSAIDs. Make sure you receive a product insert. Make sure blood work is done before starting on them (for instance, this is Pfizer's protocol regarding rimadyl--not mine!) and at two weeks (yes, two weeks--had that been done, I believe Eliza could have been saved), then every 6 weeks. Make sure platelets are checked in addition to kidney & liver function.

Do not treat these drugs lightly--there is a reason that death was added as a side effect! I say this because I have noticed that many people pop NSAIDs into their pets like we take aspirin or ibuprofen. There is a reason the drug companies say "do blood work before dispensing". Listen to your vet if he/she recommends blood work, and if he/she does not do blood work, request it!

I have managed for 9 years and with 19 other seniors to treat without the use of NSAIDs.

Thank heaven!!!

I thought the other day while updating the Rainbow Land thread, about meeting her and seeing that great big smile and hugging her and telling her how sorry I am. That day is not too far off and I hope I can leave my guilt at the bridge when we go over.......

I :wub: you Eliza Jane.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits