Update On Da Bones

So I am driving up the driveway after work right? I hear barking. Hmmmmmmm.. What the heck is she (she being Pearl) barking at? Alas............fair lady was wrongly accused.

WHO is standing at the window yapping his dang fool head off (like he always does) but big yellow dog??? :eek :eek I had left big yellow dog in his x -pen this morning, peacefully snoozing away.

I go charging into the house thinking I am going to find him in a million pieces. Nope, standing there on all fours wagging his tail with a big stupid grin of his face. " HI MOM!!" Wanted to smack the boy.

The x - pen? Not moved. Not an inch. Just the way I left it except the dog is on the outside. Oy!!

DH went outside to do something in the dog yard. Closed the patio door behind him. I am out in the yard and who do I see standing on the deck in all his glory but BIG YELLOW DOG??? :eek :eek

Yep, out the dog door he went. I thought I was gonna faint.

He had a cheese stick and a bowl of milk with Ensure tonight plus a little bit of his pasta and hamburger I made up for him.

He is doing pretty good I would say.

A picture of Frankendog tonight.

BonesToday.gif

Needless to say we changed the configuration of the x - pen. Short of jumping over ( Dear Lord perish the thought) he won't get out of it tomorrow.

I am going to have a good stiff drink now............and I don't drink.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the funky hairdo is great. You got to stop giving your Mom grey hairs handsome.

Nancy I'm praying that isn't what he did to get out. You could put a blanket over it to give it a roof.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I think the funky hairdo is great. You got to stop giving your Mom grey hairs handsome.

Nancy I'm praying that isn't what he did to get out. You could put a blanket over it to give it a roof.

I am sure he didn't Janet. He may have had an accomplice (Capt'n Jack). The blanket is a great idea. Thank you I'll do that tomorrow.

Got my pin. Thank you! :bighug

Hey does he go to the same person who cuts my hair! I thought it was an aerial view of your city! he he he

He's so hampsum who cares!!!

Oh they do the wildest things while we're suffering a heart attack! Dear was determined he was going to run on the cast & he quickly found out it didn't work & it hurt too!

Unless you dome the top of that x-pen, you might as well forget it. Big Yeller dogs do what ever big yeller dogs want to do. :hehe

OMG, he must be Wonder Dog!!!!!!

He sounds as though he's doing really well!!! Keep up the healing Bones, but stop trying to give your Mom a heart attack!!!

The lil' stinker! :lol He just ain't gonna be locked up no more. :P

A good stiff drink is in order. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

OMG how on earth did he do that?? Phew! Glad everything is ok, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a couple of grey hairs by the end of the week! :lol:

Don't you go giving your mum such frights, boy! :shakefinger

:kiss2

He's looking good though! :):yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Wow, he looks fantastic! (well, except for the Mohawk :P ). Hard to believe that just a couple of days ago, he was so bruised and swollen. I guess all that exercise he's getting is whipping him back into shape. :lol I still have Gigi's chains and shackles from after her "great escape" - wanna borrow them?

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Around here we call that the "Dr. Turner Haircut" (Dr. Turner is the orthopedist in the Chicago area that we've taken several of our broken legs to) :lol

Bones quit scaring your momma!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Wouldn't it have been informative to have camera in the house to record all the activity in your absence? On second thought, maybe you don't want to know! He certainly is...resourceful, isn't he? You gotta love that guy, even though he scares the poop out of you!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Look at that sweet boy! He's just letting you know that this only temporary and that he'll be raring to really go in no time at all! kisses to all your sweet ones!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

O.K. guys...............who wants this dog? I mean seriously. He is standing in the dining room howling at the top of his lungs.

Is he is pain? Doesn't seem like it, but if he keeps it up he could be.

Is he hungry? Probably not, he just finished off the cat's food.

Is he thirsty? No, he has plenty of water.

What then?

He wants to go upstairs because that is where he normally sleeps and he normally is in bed by now. He is practically stomping his feet and throwing a hissy fit.

The bill is paid, he is free.............WHO WANTS HIM??? :P

A picture of Frankendog tonight.

BonesToday.gif

It sounds like Bones is a happy boy, despite his new 'do. It looks a little like a map of the state of Nebraska!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest Winterwish

naaaaahh! he'd miss his mom and pop too much-- and I do believe Pearl would run all the way here to bring him back,and Future,why Future'd be beside himself I'm sure!

Big Yellow Doggy is in the best possible place in the world,with you guys!

Edited by Winterwish

Guest Winterwish

Even with his sore area and bruising,Dog he looks beautiful Nancy,it's his eyes,even tho' it's a profile view,he has that beautiful,endless greyhound grace in his eyes. :wub::dogcookie:getwell