Thoughts For My Asia Girl

Guest KRKWMU

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about your Asia. Hang in there and take care of yourself. :grouphug

It's greyt news that the X-rays are clear! :yay I'll be thinking about her as they continue with the surgery. :goodluck

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Oh, Audrey, I know just what you're going through. Intellectually, and realistically, you know you are doing the right thing for Asia. But we can't help it when our emotions take over---it's natural, and you are human. I would expect you to feel like this---we all do. I know from the start of this journey, nothing is black and white. Nothing is guaranteed. But we do what we can because we love them so much, and you are absolutely doing this for exactly that reason. And, since you are human, you might second guess your decision, even though your head tells you that is counterproductive. Try to bypass that if you can. You'll need to be strong in more ways than one. Physically, try and rest up before she comes home---you need your sleep, now, and especially during those first few rough days when she comes back home. When you see her for the first time, you'll need to be strong then too. She won't understand why you're crying. I wish I could say that I totally forgot that Winnie was missing a leg, and that I never thought about her being whole again, but that wouldn't be true. Some people can. I think it gets easier with time, as you marvel in her strength and resiliency. She will be strong for you, and you need to be strong for her. And just from your posts when you first dealt with her diagnosis, and you made your decision, I know you can do that. Please know that you are doing just what you should be doing, because it is what you feel in your heart is right for Asia and for you. And please know that so many of us are here for you, and you and Asia are in our prayers.

Waiting for an update, and sending tons of white light.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending healing thoughts and a :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lovely news that the xrays are clear :)

Thinking all good thoughts now for a good surgery :candle:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending hugs and prayers.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, Audrey, I know just what you're going through. Intellectually, and realistically, you know you are doing the right thing for Asia. But we can't help it when our emotions take over---it's natural, and you are human. I would expect you to feel like this---we all do. I know from the start of this journey, nothing is black and white. Nothing is guaranteed. But we do what we can because we love them so much, and you are absolutely doing this for exactly that reason. And, since you are human, you might second guess your decision, even though your head tells you that is counterproductive. Try to bypass that if you can. You'll need to be strong in more ways than one. Physically, try and rest up before she comes home---you need your sleep, now, and especially during those first few rough days when she comes back home. When you see her for the first time, you'll need to be strong then too. She won't understand why you're crying. I wish I could say that I totally forgot that Winnie was missing a leg, and that I never thought about her being whole again, but that wouldn't be true. Some people can. I think it gets easier with time, as you marvel in her strength and resiliency. She will be strong for you, and you need to be strong for her. And just from your posts when you first dealt with her diagnosis, and you made your decision, I know you can do that. Please know that you are doing just what you should be doing, because it is what you feel in your heart is right for Asia and for you. And please know that so many of us are here for you, and you and Asia are in our prayers.

Waiting for an update, and sending tons of white light.

thank you :weep:grouphug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest paulamariez

Keeping your precious girl Asia in my prayers today for a successful surgery!! You know your hound better than anyone and if you think this was the best thing for Asia and she was a healthy, spry and strong girl, there's no reason not to give her a chance at life!! The xrays being clear gives her an excellent prognosis!! Be strong for your little girl. I will keep her tender heart in my prayers for a quick and uneventful healing and recuperation. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you both some doggie kisses to make you feel better!!

Guest Pipi5
:candle Just checking in. I know in my heart she's going to be okay & so are you. She'll be your strength for you. We all know how much stronger they are than we are in moments like this.

:grouphug You and Asia are in my prayers. Thisis going to work!

Here's a couple of pictures to make you smile

DSCF4288.jpg

DSCF4287.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

You're both in my thoughts. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Please know you and your girl remain in our prayers. You can handle this I know you can. You love your girl too much not to.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest pbailey1

I hadn't realized today was the day until I saw your post. Please know that every good thought we have and every prayer we can think of is being sent in honor of you and Asia. Please let me know if there is something I can do - I'm not that far from you.