Thoughts For My Asia Girl

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Saying prayers for a speedy recovery for your girl and sending hugs to you. I wish I didn't know what you are going through, but I do....My boy Deuce will celebrate 2 years post amputation in a couple weeks. There is hope through the Grace of God.

Sending lots of prayers and good thought for Asia. :hope:grouphug

Prayers for strength. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Vinnie

I just saw this thread and I knew you were going to do another consultation but wasn't sure when you were going to do the surgery. So glad that her lungs were clear - how did the surgery go? Were they able to do the brachial plexis block to help with her pain? And how are you & dh doing? We know how hard surgery day is - so emotionally and physically draining. And we remember the first couple of weeks after - these are the rough days so just keep reminding yourself that it will get better and you can do this. When Vinnie first came out to greet us I thought I was going to freak out but instead I saw this happy boy who was jumping up to give everybody hugs! I forgot all about his amputation after that and in my minds eye I always saw him as whole - he really did not miss his other leg and he was out of pain. It made all the craziness of the first two weeks and all the research and decisions worth it. Just remember that she is your baby girl and you will be ok and that things will get better. And don't forget that we are all here - lean on us at anytime - one of us crazies will be up, I am sure - questions, frustrations, rants - we are all here for you. Sending hugs to you and dh along with scritches and lots of healing prayers for Asia. Please keep us posted when you can.

I just saw this thread and I knew you were going to do another consultation but wasn't sure when you were going to do the surgery. So glad that her lungs were clear - how did the surgery go? Were they able to do the brachial plexis block to help with her pain? And how are you & dh doing? We know how hard surgery day is - so emotionally and physically draining. And we remember the first couple of weeks after - these are the rough days so just keep reminding yourself that it will get better and you can do this. When Vinnie first came out to greet us I thought I was going to freak out but instead I saw this happy boy who was jumping up to give everybody hugs! I forgot all about his amputation after that and in my minds eye I always saw him as whole - he really did not miss his other leg and he was out of pain. It made all the craziness of the first two weeks and all the research and decisions worth it. Just remember that she is your baby girl and you will be ok and that things will get better. And don't forget that we are all here - lean on us at anytime - one of us crazies will be up, I am sure - questions, frustrations, rants - we are all here for you. Sending hugs to you and dh along with scritches and lots of healing prayers for Asia. Please keep us posted when you can.

You got that right emotionally and physically draining! I was totally a zombie when I got home. I did get the call around 6PM and that she was fine and he was also happy about the skin re-attachment, you know that greyhound skin. I am sure that will also hurt her, I hope the drugs are strong. I also know she will do the GSOD, she does it well and they have to understand that I know this so don't hide it from me. They will have to distinguish what is pain and behavioral. I will bring her home Friday most likely. And I hope to god that she is happy to see me and will show me a happy face! What was also hard was that she was on NSAID and I really didn't see any pain, it was a wee hint of pain. Also since her lungs do not show any signs of cancer but not to say that it isn't there, I want to start the chemo asap (when she is up to it) I sent the request to have it sent this morning. I will call in again this morning to see how she is doing and if she will eat.

Thanks everyone!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Keeping you in positive thoughts and we are glad to read the good news about the surgery. All we hope for is an easy, strong recovery, now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

How it pains me to know exactly what you are feeling. I hate cancer.

Good to hear that the surgery went well. They are unreal how they bounce back. It was so amazing watching Carrier after his surgery. There were times when I felt awful that we did it, but he was strong and determined to be same ol' boy. I am sure that Asia will wow you too.

Sending a million good thoughts to you and Asia. I am sure that Darius is watching down on her.

I am glad that the surgery part is over. Please kiss Asia for me and update us today as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Audrey.. I've been away and just saw this. Since I saw you 3 weeks ago, things have taken a turn. I'm so sorry for Asia but send lots of white light and prayers she'll be pain free. Reddy and I send good thoughts and lots of love. :grouphug

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Good thoughts for Asia as she recovers and starts her chemo

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Well i had a message from the surgeon to call him and my heart sunk! I called nothing wrong but an update that she has already figured out how to manage on 3 legs :yay He said she is healing well and carrying on a bit. I new that, she has had enough and that is her way of saying so and she wants to go home. she knows that the GSOD will rattle everyone. They understand what I am saying and can differentiate a pain yell and her impatience.

So far so good. :)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Her reaction sounds like such good news. She will be home with you again before you know it. :clap :clap

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:grouphug

The update sounds great! You are both in my thoughts.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Wonderful news!! So nerve-wracking, all of this, but she'll show you all! Mark my words! That lady has spunk (and sounds like she's gonna make sure everyone knows it! :lol )

So, quick recovery, and off to chemo, which will wipe out any lurking badness!!!

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest HeatherDemps

Glad to hear that surgery went well and she is up on 3 legs. When we brought Dempsey home, he didn't seem to be in significant pain, just uncomfortable- he was on a pain patch and pain pills. I think mostly he seemed tired and drugged.... everything "first" was so nerve wracking. It was winter and we were worried about the ice and snow. The first time he pooped on 3 legs, I was in a panic thinking he'd fall over. As others have already said, it is just so truly amazing how well they do adapt to life as a tripod. Mine was trying to get onto the couch almost right away. :)

As far as the chemo goes, we started that up 2 weeks to the day from the surgery. It was also when he got his staples out as well.

Hang in there, get as much rest as you can right now..... let us know if there is anything you need!

Heather