Misty Stumps The Vet

Sending more prayers for Miss Misty. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking of you and Misty off and on all day ... finally had time to get to the computer. Oh my, when it rains it pours doesn't it!

She has been hit with a triple whammy of appetite depressants; infection, low thyroid and heat! Wish I could say or do something other than than say I'll be sending good healing thoughts your way.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Deer Misty,

I hope yoo will feel better soon.

When yoo is feelin better we kin go to the korner deli fur sum chikin gizerds & terkey neks,

do yoo like dem?

Furst we gots ta take Ekko to miss Xans howse, but I think miss robinw is up set wif dat. :unsure

ArchE, Not wantin to git in truble.

Deer Misty,

I hope yoo will feel better soon.

When yoo is feelin better we kin go to the korner deli fur sum chikin gizerds & terkey neks,

do yoo like dem?

Furst we gots ta take Ekko to miss Xans howse, but I think miss robinw is up set wif dat. :unsure

ArchE, Not wantin to git in truble.

Oh ma fren ArchE, da famus bee busta, I want to ride in dat bee-mo-beel. Afta ma vet in da morrow, from yur deboted sexatary, Misty(excuse da speling) ;)

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Been out of touch for a while. I can not believe this is all going on. I wish I had an answer. Has she started to eat? Do you have any tripe on hand? If you PM me your address, I can get it to you priority mail. Then, if she likes it, you can order a case. Let me know and i will get it right out to you.

Hugs to you all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Been out of touch for a while. I can not believe this is all going on. I wish I had an answer. Has she started to eat? Do you have any tripe on hand? If you PM me your address, I can get it to you priority mail. Then, if she likes it, you can order a case. Let me know and i will get it right out to you.

Hugs to you all.

Robin, my friend, thank you so very much. No, she's not eating. I'm afraid to try different things because of her kidneys. I know that some will say, the heck with that as long as she eats. And if I know Misty like I "think" I do, if she won't eat ice cream, she's not touching a thing. I have a lot of faith in my vet so I am trusting that he will have some answers. Of course if he doesn't, I'll be in the looney bin.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Guest koolaidnconner

Hugs to you all.

Robin, my friend, thank you so very much. No, she's not eating. I'm afraid to try different things because of her kidneys. I know that some will say, the heck with that as long as she eats. And if I know Misty like I "think" I do, if she won't eat ice cream, she's not touching a thing. I have a lot of faith in my vet so I am trusting that he will have some answers. Of course if he doesn't, I'll be in the looney bin.

Can I ask what is tripe?

Guest ChancesMom

Claudia, You and Misty are both in my thoughts and I am sending good healing wishes your way.

Donna

Misty My lub, Ib is so sorree dat u r habbin so much trouble and dat u r feeling so bad. Ubs habs to eat da icee creem. Ibs will be dreaming about u all nite and thinkin about u when Ibs is awake. Ubs habs to get bedder cuz u r da luv ob my life.

Dis is fur u :kiss2:bighug:f_red:cookie

Ur lub fur ebber and ebber.

Guest longdogs

It seems like you have nowhere to go with her until the vet comes up with some answers. Most likely it is something systemic. I don't know how your vet will play this but they can go down fast with immune problems and it is as well to start treatment quickly, even if the diagnosis is adjusted later.

I only just found out about this (Donna, thanks for the post in the URBCC). I have no advice, just wishes that Misty feels better very soon.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Sending healing thoughts and prayers. I hope the vet figures out what's going on and that she's feeling better soon.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

It seems like you have nowhere to go with her until the vet comes up with some answers. Most likely it is something systemic. I don't know how your vet will play this but they can go down fast with immune problems and it is as well to start treatment quickly, even if the diagnosis is adjusted later.

You are correct, we had no where to go, but that was because our vet was away for a month.I did take her to another vet in the samre practice but he was just cluless. I don't know where my vet will go with this either, but we will know this afternoon. I did get Misty to eat a little this morning. I hand fed her the KD(canned) The other strange thing is that Ekko and Wayne keep smelling her back feet. That's where the nails are cracked, 1/2 missing with the quicks exposed.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Hm! I wonder if she's got an infection at the nail beds, and that's what they're smelling?

Hooray that she ate a bit this morning!!! I don't remember if I said this to you before, but nutritional yeast (not brewer's yeast) is FULL of B vitamins, which are wonderful for supporting the system, and also tastes cheesy. B vitamins are an appetite stimulant, and all of my housemates will eat right through a plastic bag to get the stuff. Even Happy will turn back to look at her food if it's sprinkled with nutritional yeast. If you give too much, it can cause some nasty fumes, but it doesn't seem to bother the dogs any! :lol You should be able to get it in bulk in various places (I get mine at a grocery store with a decent health food section), but make sure you get NUTRITIONAL yeast. It's a sort of yellow color flakey stuff (BTW, it's yummy on popcorn!!), and just mix in or sprinkle on top of whatever else you're feeding.

I'll be watching to see what your vet says!!!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Hm! I wonder if she's got an infection at the nail beds, and that's what they're smelling?

Hooray that she ate a bit this morning!!! I don't remember if I said this to you before, but nutritional yeast (not brewer's yeast) is FULL of B vitamins, which are wonderful for supporting the system, and also tastes cheesy. B vitamins are an appetite stimulant, and all of my housemates will eat right through a plastic bag to get the stuff. Even Happy will turn back to look at her food if it's sprinkled with nutritional yeast. If you give too much, it can cause some nasty fumes, but it doesn't seem to bother the dogs any! :lol You should be able to get it in bulk in various places (I get mine at a grocery store with a decent health food section), but make sure you get NUTRITIONAL yeast. It's a sort of yellow color flakey stuff (BTW, it's yummy on popcorn!!), and just mix in or sprinkle on top of whatever else you're feeding.

I'll be watching to see what your vet says!!!

:bighug

Thank you Xan. She's been on an antibiotic , one that is excellent for skin issues so there shouldn't be any infection. She does lick her back feet a lot and I was thinking she's licking because they hurt. The licking is common in SLO from what I've read. Hurry up 4:30!!!!! I could be way off base here and I'm praying that I am, but I jusy don't have a good feeling about this.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I just saw your thread, I'm so sorry. You must have been on pins and needles waiting for your vet to come back, I can't even imagine.

Good luck today. My best thoughts for you and Misty for a good outcome today.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Maybe the viral infection found a way in at her toenails? Just thinking "outloud" here.

4:30, eh? I'll be out for the afternoon and evening, but I'll be checking back immediately after I get back!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest greytloves

I hope that the vet can ease your bad feeling today and give you some good news. I know you are needing to hear it!

Poor Misty girl. I'm sending her a big cyber kiss her way. :kiss2

Thank you everyone for caring about my little bo-peep.It really means a lot to me. There are amny advantages to living alone with my hounds, but in times like this, it's really a big help to have people out there who care!! Okay, that's about as mushy as I get :lol

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Poor Misty. I hope you get this figured out. I just wanted to throw two suggestions out there. One is to be careful about the low thyroid. If you haven't done a full panel with MSU, I would send blood out for that right now. Low thyroid can be caused by other illnesses. If that's the case here, you don't want to put her on thyroid meds, you want to address the underlying issue. A full panel (including free T4 and TSH) will be more informative.

Also, you might want to consider seeing an internist. When you have a difficult case like this, I think it's wise to seek out a second, and if possible more specialized opinion. It's more expensive, but it sounds like you've already done a lot of the tests through your own vet so you can just take your results along.

Wishing for the best!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Poor Misty. I hope you get this figured out. I just wanted to throw two suggestions out there. One is to be careful about the low thyroid. If you haven't done a full panel with MSU, I would send blood out for that right now. Low thyroid can be caused by other illnesses. If that's the case here, you don't want to put her on thyroid meds, you want to address the underlying issue. A full panel (including free T4 and TSH) will be more informative.

Also, you might want to consider seeing an internist. When you have a difficult case like this, I think it's wise to seek out a second, and if possible more specialized opinion. It's more expensive, but it sounds like you've already done a lot of the tests through your own vet so you can just take your results along.

Wishing for the best!

Excellent advice, and thank you! My vet is an internist. They did do a full panel. Some results came back quickly and I'm hoping the rest will be back today. And I think you are right on with the thyroid being caused by something else.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg