Misty Stumps The Vet

Poor girlie. Wish there was a silver bullet answer for her.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FJSDogs

A friend went through (what sounds like) the same thing with her English Mastiff. Her diagnosis was Onycho Lupis, and is treated with Omega 3 fatty acids. It started in December and since she started giving her fish oil capsules has had no more problems to date.

She started a thread, complete with pictures, on another board I frequent and said if you felt it was similar I could share it. Let me know if you'd like to read it.

Wishing the best for your baby. Please keep us updated.

Edited by FJSDogs

A friend went through (what sounds like) the same thing with her English Mastiff. Her diagnosis was Onycho Lupis, and is treated with Omega 3 fatty acids. It started in December and since she started giving her fish oil capsules has had no more problems to date.

She started a thread, complete with pictures, on another board I frequent and said if you felt it was similar I could share it. Let me know if you'd like to read it.

Wishing the best for your baby. Please keep us updated.

This is very kind of you, thank you!! I'm "almost" sure Misty has SLO. I have her on EicosaDerm(Omega-3 fatty acids EPA/DHA plus vitamin E.However, the vitamin E is only 10IU and really needs to be 400IU daily to be of any help. It has been recommended that I put her on CoQ10(100mg) daily, vitamin E(400IU) daily and B-complex w/vitamin C. I'm waiting for my vet to return from vacation to see if he wants to put her on Tetracycline and Niancinimide. You may want to also share this with your friend.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Poor Misty and you! Hope this is easily sorted out and treated with something yummy, like .... hm ... fish-flavored ice cream?? :P

Fish-flavored ice cream? Oh doesn't that sound yummy :yuck Poor little girl doesn't even want to stand for her ice cream. That's when I really know she's hurting, because for Misty, the sun rises and sets on ice cream :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Claudia,

Fish oil and vitamins E, & C are natural blood thinners. I think Q10 is too, so watch out for bruising easily and bleeding with just the slightest scrape. I have problems with them myself ... Misty probably isn't getting too much in the way of aspirin, garlic, onions and ginger, which are also blood thinners.

Charla

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Claudia,

Fish oil and vitamins E, & C are natural blood thinners. I think Q10 is too, so watch out for bruising easily and bleeding with just the slightest scrape. I have problems with them myself ... Misty probably isn't getting too much in the way of aspirin, garlic, onions and ginger, which are also blood thinners.

Charla

Thank you Charla, I didn't know that. I haven't started anything yet because I really want the vet to see her first. I've been taking a crash course the last few days and trying to learn everything I can

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Sending good thoughts, get better sweetie, ArchE needs your

help with those darn bees. :grouphug:kiss2

Didn't ArchE tell you....he's driving Ekko to Xan's in the bee mobeel(love that spelling better) :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Thought I'd check back in to see how Misty is doing. Anything new??

Thank you for thinking of my little girl Xan. Misty stopped eating a few days ago so something is wrong other than the SLO. Brought her in Monday for bloodwork and there's some problems. Her WBC count is way off, thyroid is extremely low and a few other wacky things.Bad day today so I can't remember all of it. Vet came back Tuesday morning and has been in surgery all day ysterday and today. We see him tomorrow. Her bloodwork also shows that she has a viral infection. Not sure what they do for that.She's just not feeling well at all. I even tried mixing ice cream in with her food. Worked once...that was it. I'm just hoping the vet will have a solution tomorrow.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest KRKWMU

Oh geez...Poor Misty! :( I hope she starts feeling better soon. Sounds complicated with different things going on at the same time. Claudia...I know you're doing everything you can. :grouphug Hang in there. Misty should be better in no time! :D

Claudia, I just saw this. Hope Misty is diagnosed soon with something that is easy to treat and that she's feeling better very, very soon :grouphug

i know this is irrelevant, but why are you posting about my Ekko going to Xan?????? :lol

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Claudia, I just saw this. Hope Misty is diagnosed soon with something that is easy to treat and that she's feeling better very, very soon:grouphug

i know this is irrelevant, but why are you posting about my Ekko going to Xan?????? :lol

well, here's that story. I showed Ekko your siggie and she saw the cat, that was just too inviting for her. but lo and behold, Xan has cats too. Oh well, guess Ekko stays in the heat(for now) after this afternoon, she's lucky to be breathing

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Uh oh. What has Ekko done this afternoon? Oh, and don't worry about MY cats! They can take care of themselves! They've survived more than two years with Pogo so far! ;)

As for Misty, eyuk. So, if they get her on thyroid pills, her appetite should bounce back, along with other stuff, right? Then, she'll be strong enough to fight off the virus on her own. :)

Let's get a chant going for Misty!

*Misty, Misty, desert queen,

Prettiest girl we've ever seen!

Balance your blood numbers,

See many more summers,

Show 'em the spunk of a teen!* :bounce

:D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest Pipi5

Xan, you should've been a poet! Oh wait, you are! that's cute.

Misty...its Thursday Eve....you will be in our prayers tonight & tomorrow...just like all day today.

Holly the cat is even wishing you a good time at the vet tomorrow. Its like day camp only different.

Uh oh. What has Ekko done this afternoon? Oh, and don't worry about MY cats! They can take care of themselves! They've survived more than two years with Pogo so far! ;)

As for Misty, eyuk. So, if they get her on thyroid pills, her appetite should bounce back, along with other stuff, right? Then, she'll be strong enough to fight off the virus on her own. :)

Let's get a chant going for Misty!

*Misty, Misty, desert queen,

Prettiest girl we've ever seen!

Balance your blood numbers,

See many more summers,

Show 'em the spunk of a teen!* :bounce

:D

The thyroid is the easiest to fix, I just can't figure out why now her thyroid is so low. And the not eating could be from that or because of the viral infection.Misty sure can't afford to lose weight, she's only 53 lbs. Guess I'll have some answers tomorrow in addition to treating the SLO

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest koolaidnconner

Hey Misty....my moms says that your moms needs to take you to that big place called Disneyland, that it makes eberyone feel happy, and make you feel bebber.

Kisses and hugs

Your friends

Kool Aid and Conner