My Partner My Friend My Heartdog

Guest K9_Lady

Arco was such a handsome and brave soul. So glad you got to spend your retirement together, and thank you to you and to Arco for serving the public in such a way :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy.....

We will all miss you Arco....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so sorry Karen. Farewell Arco.........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:cry1

Karen..... I just do not know what to say. I am so sorry. :cry1 He was always an honorary Greyhound in all our hearts and he will be dearly missed. :heart

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Karen,

I am in shock and my heart is broken with you :bighug I will always think of you and Arco as life partners. What a wonderful tribute to your soulmate. :bighug

Oh Karen, my heart broke when I read your tribute to Arco. How wonderful that the two of you had each other. I'm sure he was as proud of you as you were of him. What wonderful memories you have of your life together. Godspeed Arco.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Peanut

I'm so sorry...... I have tears in my eyes. It was over a year ago that I had the chance to meet both of you in person. Such a sweet boy....

Hugs to you!!

Karen I am so, so sorry. I don't think anyone can understand the bond between a K-9 police officer and his partner unless one has been there. Arco will watch over you and protect you always. Always.

Rest well Arco. Your service is noted and appreciated. You are loved.

:standard :standard :standard :standard :standard :standard :standard :standard

Edited by gazehund

{{{{{{{{{{Karen}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry he had to leave.

What a special tribute you've written for him. If anyone ever wants to know how much a person can love a dog, they have only to read your words. That much.

Godspeed, most handsome fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greyglo

A love like that will no doubt still reach him where he's at.

I hope your memories of beautiful Arco bring you comfort.

I'm so sorry.

f_yellow

It is so very hard to say goodbye to one so entrenched in your heart, your life, your job, your family. You must be so proud of the life he lived with you and what you both accomplished as a team. Please know that our heart cries with yours and your loss is ours to share with you.

ARCO - We salute you!

Leslie, Marian, Gus, Isabella and Skye

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh Karen...I am so sorry to read this. You wrote such a beautiful tribute to him.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Your tribute to Arco is beautiful. I am so sorry. I wish I had the appropriate words to express my sympathy to you and your family.

Godspeed Arco. I know you will continue to watch over your mom and family.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for you loss.

Lynn mom to:Roper(Roper is Here),Josie the Australian Cattle Dog mix, Lacey the Corgi mix, Allie the cat and 2 skin kids and at the bridge Bailey (AA's Bailey), Snickers(Jax Snickers) , Sabrina the Collie and Sadie the Border Collie mix.

Guest Snowy8

:beatheart Oh Karen, I am so sorry. I know your heart is just hurting so badly. Right now there are no words of comfort. You have been through so much together, all along he was there to not only love you & respect you, but to protect you.

He's laying on a huge fluffy cloud with no pains, no hurts & no worries.

I wish I could come hug you & comfort you, just know you're in my thoughts & prayers.

Hilda & the Snowy gang...

:f_red:f_white:brokenheart:paw:brokenheart:f_white:f_red

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OH NO!!!! :weep I'm so so sorry! :grouphug Shedding lots of tears for your special special boy!

Godspeed Arco! I know you'll be patrolling the bridge! :kiss2

I am so very sorry to hear of Arco just now - the bridge has welcomed a very special K-9.

Sending you a gentle hug today!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge