Prayers For Mahogany

Burpdog

Guest hannahmom
It's not going well :( She has stopped eating. If I even walk towards her with a bowl of new stuff or meat balls, she jumps up and trys to run away (of course there is a yelp in there--my nerves are shot)Mahogany is my "do not touch me" dog and trying to get pills into her is awful. I'll go out and buy Magic's favorite and also some hamburger and see if she will eat that. I am not hopeful......this is progressing much too fast.

Prayers welcome.

Prayers sent

Lots and lots and lots of them.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SquanHound

I am sorry that I just seeing this now - I have been MIA a bit b/c of some other things. Sending many prayers and comforting thoughts your way :grouphug

Edited by SquanHound

Oh Diane.... :(

I'm reading on the edge of my seat, holding my breath, feeling little surges of hope when you say she's eaten something ... I'm sending relaxing waves of comfort and vigor to Mahogany, and you might as well have some of that yourself!

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh Diane. These things seem to happen so fast. Please eat Mahogany. It will make you feel better.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Sending prayers and light to Mahogany and to you. :hope:candle The waiting is torture. :(

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending more prayers for Mahogany and hugs for you. :grouphug I know too well how your nerves can become shot when caring for our hounds.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Has Mahogany tried Evo95? Sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

She ate about 1/3 can of EVO, turned up her nose at EVO kibble, ate around 1/2 cup of chicken then finally ate CORE kibble, out of her bowl at 10:30 p.m. Stools are very soft which I am not surprised about.

She is comfortable and walking somewhat better tonight. Giving her 100mg of tramadol and 60 mg of morphine! It's possible the exam, going up on the table, being adjusted and corn removal on the other foot just was a lot and I might be able to cut back on meds a little. We shall see. I hope she doesn't go into the big D.

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits