Prayers For Mahogany

Burpdog

Sending prayers for you and Mahogany.

I always got the artemisinin for Winnie from Nutricology.com. And strangely, the price actually went down this year. Holley would be reputable too.

ETA If I remember, pycnogenol is pine cone extract. I also gave that to Winnie as well as the artemisinin. I haven't heard too many people talk about it, but it is another immune system booster that for some reason, I thought was worth trying. I realize Winnie and I might have gotten incredibly lucky, but Dr. Couto believed she was in remission when we lost her 3 1/2 years after her diagnosis. You can get pycnogenol at vitamin stores. I got mine at Vitamin World.

More prayers....

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of warm thoughts coming your way. I hope it turns out to be nothing. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

oh no, Diane! :unsure

sending white light and prayers to Mahogany and you! :hope :hope :candle:hope :hope :candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry :grouphug you will know when she is ready. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Diane - I am so sorry to hear this. I truly hope it turns out to be something else. You and Mahogany are in my thoughts.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh no. I'm so very sorry.

I hope against hope that you and your vet prove to be wrong.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

It's not going well :( She has stopped eating. If I even walk towards her with a bowl of new stuff or meat balls, she jumps up and trys to run away (of course there is a yelp in there--my nerves are shot)Mahogany is my "do not touch me" dog and trying to get pills into her is awful. I'll go out and buy Magic's favorite and also some hamburger and see if she will eat that. I am not hopeful......this is progressing much too fast.

Prayers welcome.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Praying harder. :(

FWIW, Batman liked Lean Cuisine sesame chicken and most anything in tomato sauce.

And sending some hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytmonty

You are in my thoughts.

Will Mahogany eat something really smelly like tuna or whitefish to sneak in the pills?

Monty's fave of course is rabbit meatballs but it is hard to find fresh rabbit.

Thinking of you today.

What do her eyes tell you? Sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Winterwish

Sending prayers for Mahogany! Maybe the store carries SG dried Buckaroo beef patties? Not that you can put a pill in it,but it's pure beef and nutritious. It can be crumbled over food as an enticer,or given just as it is. A bit dry tho',but it works well added to food or after having some water.

I'm glad she had some salmon,good girl sweetheart. :hope:hope

Wysong makes a really silky smooth chicken canned food. That may work for blending a crushed pill?

Guest Winterwish

the wysong mentioned comes in a bigger can,or a small can the size of a can of cat food. I prefer the smaller can,reason I mention that size in particular is,it seems to come out moister to me -- and you can shake the can a bit befoer opening,softening it even more. (i mean this mainly for trying to get some pain medication in,if a softer food can work for a crushed pill)

If it's not crushed,maybe a yummy bite of steak hollowed a bit in the center for a pill,given first thing,befoere any other food?

Edited by Winterwish