Please Think Of Sally As She Heads Off To Bark At The Bridge

Bevd

Sally has let us know that although she's had a lovely time, with lots of fun and laughter, she's ready to head off to The Bridge now.

She's fought a very good fight, which began with the first instance of 'wibbly legs' back in October 2005, followed by cancerous mammary tumours in January 2006 and she's always bounced back but now, her legs are very tired and this morning, even her bark (which has always been strong....and frequent) is tired, so it's time to let her go so that she can become whole and strong again. I have no doubt that once she arrives at The Bridge, her legs will no longer wibble and her bark will be as barky as ever.

She will meet up with old friends (Maddison, Jessie & Flo to name but three) and she'll also meet Del & Tess and the others who went before her. She'll meet those who were not part of her family but who she knew of anyway. And she'll bark at them to keep them in line.

Our appointment is at 3pm this afternoon and the vet and nurse will come out to our car to help Sally on her journey.

sally130208b.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be holding you close in my thoughts and hoping for an easy trip for cover-girl Sally.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GiJenn51
:cry1 :cry1 Bev-- I'm so sorry. I will pray for a peaceful trip for her. And she must have a lot of angels waiting for her. Edited by GiJenn51

Oh, dear Sally.

She is one of my favorites and she'll be missed by many.

All of you will be in my thoughts today.

:grouphug

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I'm so sorry Bev!!! :cry1 :cry1

she knows how loved she is and will be waiting for you at the Bridge :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh Bev, I am so sorry. I will hold Sally and your family close to my heart today. Godspeed Sally - run free and whole at the bridge.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh no...I'm so sorry the time has come. Sally is blessed to have you as her loving owners.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.