Bevd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad it went well today. Darcy is such an exceptional girl. :beatheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Darcy's an inspiration :wub:

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:wub: Darcy is looking terrific!! Is she almost done with her chemo?? Give her a Kiss and some scritches for me. Mimi

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Darcy you are beautiful! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Sending lots of hugs and tummy scratches to a lovely brave and sweet girl. Here's to a great 2008 for you sweetie! :) :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:wub: Darcy is looking terrific!! Is she almost done with her chemo?? Give her a Kiss and some scritches for me. Mimi

Well this was treatment number 4 and with some protocols, she would now be finished but my vet said that because Darcy has tolerated all her treatments so well, he'd be keen to do another couple of blasts with the Carboplatin. I'll talk to him more about this when we go for Darcy's blood test on 20th Jan.

Aw, Ella loves her Darcy, doesn't she :):wub:

She does tend to play with her a lot, yes! But they don't sleep together or anything like that. And it's Duffy who I would class as Ella's main buddy, rather than Darcy. But yes, they do play nicely together when the mood strikes :colgate

Talking of which, I'm pleased to report that Darcy perked up this evening and had a good play session with both her dog shaped pillow and with Ella. I took video. Will add it tomorrow!

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Such sweet puppers. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Wow, Darcy is absolutely breath-taking!!! I must say, I am partial to tripods though. My Jesse had his right front amp on Nov 7 and this past Wednesday was his 3rd round of chemo. :wub: He's my hero. :wub: Now every time I see a picture of a dog with three legs, I am amazed by their beauty.

Darcy, you are one gorgeous gal!!! :bighug

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

She's eaten about three quarters of her breakfast this morning but she's also done a couple of dry heaving type things so we've given her a dose of the anti sickness tablet we've had in store since the start of her chemo (Serenia).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

It seems that we're having a glitch.

Darcy hasn't been that good since her chemo on Thursday (apart from Friday night when she had another of her mad play sessions). But other than that, she's been very quiet and has hardly moved and she's not eaten a full meal since the day before her chemo. Some meals have been refused totally and some have been attempted after some persuasion but then she's only eaten a quarter or a half. This morning, she's very lethargic and at one point, was sitting up in the corner of the room with her face, facing the corner...

Her temperature is OK (a little low if anything at 37.7) but I'm going to phone the vet at 11.30 when they open for a short sunday surgery, just to see if she needs looking at or if there is anything we should be doing.

It's all new and scary because this is the first time she's been unwell since she started this whole journey and I'm not sure why she's reacted so differently to this chemo drug when she had no big problems with it when it was given first time (chemo number 2).

I've spoken to the vet and Marc is now on his way up there (minus Darcy) to collect some antacid medication and some more of the anti sickness medication (not that she's actually been sick but she definately feels that way I think). The vet said that it's very early days to be 'overly' worried about anything and that this is the time (3 days+) after her chemo when she is most likely to be feeling poorly. Nobody knows why she's reacted this way this time around but I suppose thats just one of the many questions people have about this sort of treatment. The vet also said that even though her temperature is OK, we should start her on some antibiotics (I have them 'in stock for her') just in case.

Woe is Darcy

darcy130108b.jpg

darcy130108a.jpg

I hope Darcy gets to feeling better very soon.

Sending hugs,

adding: When my dad had chemo, he said things tasted metallic, so nothing really tasted good to him. He was able to eat fresh fruit, which may not be an option for Darcy. I guess my point would be that her "buds" may be off as well as her stomach and you will have to keep trying until you fid the thing that overcomes the bad taste.

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

She's dribbling a LOT but I've just read the leaflet in the Serenia packet (thats the anti sickness drug) and it does mention salivation as a possible side effect :unsure She's also just been sick (tiny bit) and has had a drink of water so we'll see if that remains where it should.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Just FYI - I had 8 rounds of chemo; 4 of one type and then 4 of another; not alternating. For no logical reason, I had a harder time with one chemo than the others of identical medications. Sometimes it just affects you more than other times. Also, some chemos do have a side effect of altering taste, but not all. All non-targeted chemos kill the stomach flora though. I'm not one who gets heartburn, but I sure did on chemo.

Well she's had one dose so far of the antacid stuff but it doesn't seem to have helped yet. She's refusing all food (and I've tried various combinations of various things) and she's still drooling an awful lot. I'm going to have to speak to the vet again in the morning I think.