Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

Big Brody says to tell Little Brody to hang in there! Brody's are tough guys and he just has to get better!

My heart sank when I read about the TBD's. I wondered if his skin condition was a staph infection or mange or something similar, also.

I'm not much of a crier, but every time I open this thread I can feel the tears coming on ... must be the name and the fact that he's a little bitty brindle boy ...

Hoping he's feeling better, and it surely helps to know he's in such good hands.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That little face just about broke my heart. I know if anyone can make him better, it is GALT. I still think of the miracle of Old Fella and hope there is a little of that miracle to spare for Brody.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

It is so heartbreaking when policy gets in the way of compassion and common sense, to the detriment of a living soul.

Whatever the outcome, and I join others in pulling for Brody, it is so good for him that he is now in knowledgeable and loving hands. :kiss2

I am going to the GALT site now to make a donation in his name.

Oh, poor baby! Now, those who know me will tell you I don't use those words often for dogs, but man, he cries out for them. :cry1

I'm so glad he's being taken care of. Bless you all, I'm sending prayers for a full recovery for the little sweetheart - look at that face!

I was thinking TBD when I saw his poor swollen feet, not that I know much about them...

:hope:candle

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

From the look in his eyes he wasn't far from giving up and going down. :cry1

Thank God GALT now has him....sending prayers for Brody. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest BoomerMom

I've been feeding him small amounts on a very regular basis - I found chicken jerky on sale and he really likes it. For regular meals he is getting a cup of Canadae and one can of Maximum Calorie. He is definitely getting some strength back but it's at a price. He now has the energy to scratch and is making himself bloody in places. We have him on Benedryl, but I'm going to see if there is anything stronger that can be prescribed tomorrow.

We have been working in the back yard today and everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

Boomerang, Carter and Brody:

BoomerCarterandBrady.jpg

Carter and Brody:

CarterandBrody.jpg

Brody soaking up the rays:

BrodyLawn.jpg

I love the smile on his precious face enjoying that sunshine. What a sweetheart. :grouphug Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a love. He has heart and we know he has the best care possible.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh wow, what a special boy he is. I've just come across this thread today, and I've been weeping since the beginning but I am so happy to see that familiar greyhound grin in that last pic. I hope you tell the humane society what you've found that he has - I get such a lump in my throat thinking of Brody have to wait 5 days to get some comfort, help and loving. :(

:hope for Brody and very very gentle :bighug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest LolasMom

Oh it's so good to see the smile on his face and the loving environment you've given both of them.

Lots more feel better and skin calming prayers coming your way, sweetheart.

The generosity and compassion on the part of all involved is heartwarming :grouphug

My connection is bogged down, so I can't see the pics, but my heart is both breaking and filling with gratitude that this boy has been taken in by GALT. Sending lots of healing, healthy, happy, comforting thoughts his way!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh thank goodness he is with you now. He looks so relieved in that last picture to know that someone loves him and will help him to get better. Thank you for taking such good care of him. I will be praying for a speedy dx and recovery for Brody.

OM gosh sending prayers for such a sweet boy!!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway