Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Brody...........

doggyhug3.gif

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Oh My Goodness!!! He even looks like my Brody, only a mini-me version!

So many prayers going up tonight for Brody Jr., and my old boy Brody sends the sweet little guy all his best wishes!

Guest crazy4greys

Oh, what a sweet face! Poor Brody. :getwell:hope:candle

:shakefinger on that shelter! He was not in critical condition??? :censored

Thank you for helping this sweet boy! :grouphug

Edited by crazy4greys

Guest Hollys2hounds

Poor Baby!!!! I can tell he is a beautiful boy, my heart is breaking for him :hope:candle:hope:candle :candle :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle . Thank you for taking care of him!

You are an angel :angel

His story and pics just break my heart. :cry1 Will hold him in my prayers, surrounded by light for healing of his body and spirit. Please give Brody some gentle scritches from us. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jurishound

:bow Kelly, and GALT :bow2

That poor little boy. I so hope he is better soon, and able to experience happiness. Many thanks for all you do for these houndies.

That poor little baby. I hope he's on the road to a full recovery. So much for common sense at the shelter -- how could they keep him longer? :angry:

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

What a sweet face! I'm so glad he's found someone who will make sure he gets the care he needs.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Oh, he's gotta make it! He deserves to be safe and healthy and comfortable and well-fed and loved. I can't imagine how miserable he must feel. Is he young? You didn't say if he has tattoos.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 Oh you poor baby! Sending many prayers and healing thoughts. Not going to waste my breath on the shelter, brings back too many sad memories... :cry1 GALT, you guys are awesome!

Poor sad boy... so glad that you were able to spring him, and yes sending lots of positive thoughts from this side of the Atlantic. You're in good hands now Brodie, relax and concentrate on recovering!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Guest BoomerMom

Brody isn't tattooed, but we believe he is about two years old. There are people in the area that are known as "match racers". These people race dogs for fun and/or profit and if a hound isn't fast enough they usually just turn them loose somewhere. The lucky ones get picked up and taken in by greyhound rescue. These jerks don't realize how much money it takes to get a hound healthy after they have been on their own, trying to survive. For what is spent on an injured dog, ten healthy racers could be vetted and put in homes.

I just got the email from Susie about Carter & Brody's blood tests. They both have Ehrlichia at 1:81920 titer and Brody has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I don't know what the plan is yet but will keep you all informed.

Thanks again for the kind words of support.

Kelly and

Boomerang, Seth, Carter, Brody and Shelby - DBF's puppy......

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope Ohhhh no, Bless you for saving him!!!!! We will be praying that it is something small and he can be treated!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh my God... I hope that this poor boy will recover...it's heartbreaking seing him so neglected and sick.

My very best wishes for him!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest VaGreymom

God Bless you and Galt. That pup has no idea how lucky he is to have landed in your lap.

Many prayers and hugs for you and the pup.

He is just so cute.

Guest indigojen

GALT rocks - you caught our little Peanut (formerly Whitney) and we are eternally grateful for GALT saving her life and blessing ours :blush

Many prayers for sweet Brody :candle

Guest Tenderhearts
I just got the email from Susie about Carter & Brody's blood tests. They both have Ehrlichia at 1:81920 titer and Brody has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I don't know what the plan is yet but will keep you all informed.
Poor Brody with a double whammy on TBD's :(

Continuing prayers and thank you so much for the update! :grouphug

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope