Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BoomerMom

Hello everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to update. I've had a house full of people for the holidays and things are finally starting to calm down. As soon as I can get the camera batteries charged up, I'll post a couple more pics.

Brody went for a check up yesterday at the dermotologist and is progressing well. He has only gained a pound in the last month, but the doctor said that wasn't unusual for dogs on this high of pred dosage. The dosage has been dropped to 40 mg a day for the next month and hopefully it will help with his water consumption. Anyone who has had a hound on pred knows how much fun it is for everyone when they want to drink unlimited amounts of water. I'm pretty good at watching for those very subtle signs Brody gives off when he has to pee, but missed them several times in the past couple of weeks. I think every room of carpet in my house has been shampooed at least twice.....

After the derm appt we went by PPAH and got the boy's nails trimmed. They are almost to a normal length and he is much more stable when walking on smooth surfaces. He feet and legs are almost completely hairless and he has been getting little scrapes all over. Nothing serious yet, but keep your fingers crossed!

Seth and Brody are being a little grumpy with each other, but in general everyone is getting along. DBF's parents stayed here for a week during Christmas and brought their little dog with them. There were a couple little squabbles over toys, but nothing serious.

Thanks again to everyone who sent little Brody jammies, coats and presents! It's been really cold and wet here and they have been well used and appreciated!

Hug your hounds,

Kelly

Guest luvRgreys

So glad to hear he got a good report at the vets(both). He is in such good hands, again thank you Kelly and GALT for all you are doing for this sweet boy.

I've just been sitting here for about an hour or so, reading every single page of this thread. I just found it--to avoid tears, I don't go to the Health & Medical forum very often. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of effort and love being put forth to save this sweet brindle boy, who you just found in a shelter. And when I hear about all of the broken legs that GALT has been dealing with as well....

I'm just amazed.

Wow.

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Guest LadyChester

Great news, Kelly :thumbs-up Thanks for the pupdate. Keep getting better, Brody. By the way ... you're most welcome to take a few of the extra pounds I'm carrying around :nod

Guest Winterwish

Glad to hear Brody is progressing well. Kelly.you're such a blessing to him. I hope his skin continues to heal,and especially that he begins to grow some fuzz on those legs! :hope Sending best wishes for Brody's continued progress. :dogcookie:cookie