Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - Brody's looking much better. Looks like those nasty bumps are drying up. Keep up the great work!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Machbragal

Just came across this thread -- oh my gosh, this poor boy. THANK YOU so much for taking care of him. I am adding him to my prayers. I hope he can make a full and complete recovery.

Guest LolasMom

What a wonderful gift, Winslow. Any coat of yours should have very special healing vibes. :nod:wub:

How's Brody doing?? I'm always thinking about him and praying for a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by LolasMom

Guest greyhoundis

Kelly without a doubt you are my HERO - and GALT to!

On black Friday I will be starting ebays to help GALT with the expense of these boys and especially Wizard as I know his bill will be big - keep us updated on his progress - pleeze:))

But on a personal note - do YOU need a some help with the oils and etc you are buying? I would love to send you a personal gift to help pay for these things - anything Brody needs as he looks so miserable to me!!!!! Please PM me your address if you do. Or if you just need a little for a bottle of wine after dealing with workmens comp audit. :bugeye Been there done that!

But thank you from the bottom of my heart for always being there!

Guest BoomerMom
Winslow is sending Brody a coat :)

Thanks Winslow! A cold front blew in last night and the boy is chilly!

Diane - I got the transfer factors and Brody likes it! Thank you so much!

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days. My day job is cutting into my greyhound time! :D Baby Brody is doing really well. I took him to the vet last night to have his nails trimmed and let Dr. S check him out. The great news is that he has gained 6 lbs!!! :confetti

The antibiotics are really kicking in and our boy is no longer green and crusty. There are still a few scabby places, but it's so much better than when we got him. I'll be giving him another bath tonight and hopefully more of the icky stuff will wash off.

Carla - thank you so much for helping out GALT. I don't even want to think about how huge Wizard's vet bill is going to be. He had to have another surgery yesterday to remove a blood clot from the amputation site so I will hopefully be picking him up tomorrow. He hasn't been eating so I'm sure he will need to gain a few pounds in addition to healing up.

I did get Cabot - the other broken leg boy - settled in a foster home on Tuesday. He is doing pretty good and his surgery went well.

I'll try to get some updated pics in the next few days.

Take care and hug your hounds!

Kelly

Winslow is sending Brody a coat :)

Thanks Winslow! A cold front blew in last night and the boy is chilly!

Diane - I got the transfer factors and Brody likes it! Thank you so much!

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days. My day job is cutting into my greyhound time! :D Baby Brody is doing really well. I took him to the vet last night to have his nails trimmed and let Dr. S check him out. The great news is that he has gained 6 lbs!!! :confetti

The antibiotics are really kicking in and our boy is no longer green and crusty. There are still a few scabby places, but it's so much better than when we got him. I'll be giving him another bath tonight and hopefully more of the icky stuff will wash off.

Carla - thank you so much for helping out GALT. I don't even want to think about how huge Wizard's vet bill is going to be. He had to have another surgery yesterday to remove a blood clot from the amputation site so I will hopefully be picking him up tomorrow. He hasn't been eating so I'm sure he will need to gain a few pounds in addition to healing up.

I did get Cabot - the other broken leg boy - settled in a foster home on Tuesday. He is doing pretty good and his surgery went well.

I'll try to get some updated pics in the next few days.

Take care and hug your hounds!

Kelly

Brody is in my thoughts and prayers and I am soo glad that he is doing better and skin is healing, it takes a special person to do what you are doing! I believe in angels on earth and you are certainly here for the cause of these grey babies! Thank you for all that you do for them.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest BoomerMom

Brody has PJ's! In addition to the other goodies he received in the last couple of days, the boy is no longer nekkid! :D

These are from Tamborine - sorry about the picture quality, he was not in the mood for a photo session!

BrodyHotPJs.jpg

In a combination effort that was totally unexpected, these are from vahoundlover, mom2zeus and greytfulhounds. He was in a better mood and cooperating more:

BrodyJammies.jpg

BrodyJammies2.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for helping out with Brody. He is a special guy and deserves so much better than what he has had.

Hug your hounds,

Kelly

:colgate Looking WAY better, Brody Boy!!

I was told that Sedona Labs Bovine Colostrum was the best, but so many people make it, you just need to make sure of it's purity.

I guess by this I mean the cattle source is "clean", raised on organic feed, etc. as the label will state.

Were you able to pick some up? I can see that you are a busy lady ;)

Good work with the boy :nod:heart