Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BoomerMom

Frozen BilJac is a good thing! Brody ate his dinner!! :confetti

We are talking about switching his antibiotics because the current mix isn't doing much for the poor boy. Here are pics that I took tonight.

His back:

Back1.jpg

Rear end:

Rear.jpg

Front foot:

Frontfoot.jpg

Rear foot:

Backfoot.jpg

Ucodoggielover said that Dora had a similar skin condition so I forwarded her information to GALT and Dr. S. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow.

The spots look scabbier and less red in this picture to me. Are they in real life?

A full tummy is a wonderful thing. Sending more healing thoughts to this sweet boy.

hugs for him and kudos for you for helping this poor boy...even if he is uncomfortable I m sure he is one happy hound to have someone care for him

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest MomofCash
Thinking of you tonight Brody and hoping you're feeling better, sweetheart :wub:

Me too ... from me and my crew - good thoughts and prayers from Louisiana ... :)

Thinking of your sweet Brody and hoping for an update... :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thinking of your sweet Brody and hoping for an update... :)

Me, too.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Sure does look like staph. Glad he is eating :)

Ditto-

I started to sob when I saw the first pics, like he was one of my own :(

I am very glad he is eating---are you or is the treating vet open to any holistic supplements?? He would benefit from some bovine colostrum,

I am sure of it!

Continuued prayers for this "Brave Brody Brindle" :colgate

Lisa :heart

Guest Che_mar_Cody

:sad1 :sad1 Poor poor baby...of course he has our prayers here. How longs has he been like this? He looks like such a sweetie.....

Hugs and Kisses

Guest BoomerMom
Sure does look like staph. Glad he is eating :)

Ditto-

I started to sob when I saw the first pics, like he was one of my own :(

I am very glad he is eating---are you or is the treating vet open to any holistic supplements?? He would benefit from some bovine colostrum,

I am sure of it!

Continuued prayers for this "Brave Brody Brindle" :colgate

Lisa :heart

I'm not familiar with bovine colostrum for dogs. Are talking about calf manna? We used to feed it to the orphan calves, but never thought about it for dogs.

We have switched antibiotics and his feet are looking a little less swollen. Although I'm not supposed to give him a bath, I did put some oatmeal water on his really itchy places. He seemed to really enjoy it and I hope it helps. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears. The fungal test came back negative, so we don't really know what is going on. If it's not mange, not fungal, what else can it be?

Our boy did go after the toy I bought for DBF's puppy today. He really didn't know what to do with it after he got it, but it was still pretty cute. :wub:

I'll try to get more pics tomorrow.

Thanks for caring,

Kelly

We have switched antibiotics and his feet are looking a little less swollen. Although I'm not supposed to give him a bath, I did put some oatmeal water on his really itchy places. He seemed to really enjoy it and I hope it helps. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears. The fungal test came back negative, so we don't really know what is going on. If it's not mange, not fungal, what else can it be?

Most likely staph as already mentioned or allergic dermatitis (flea allergy will do that, for example). Will you be able to bathe him soon?

He's a cute kid, and we're rooting for him. Thank you for all the care and love you're giving him.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.