Lacey Laine

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on some projects to help get Lacey her treatment. Hopefully my website will be updated by tomorrow.

Hang in there Patti. Do you know when Dr Couto is back?

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Hoping the pred is helping a bit .......

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks all...we are drinking and peeing but so far I see no change in her nodes. She got me up twice last night for a drink and to go potty. Now...let me tell you when she wakes you up you better get your sorry butt outta the bed or she will jump onto the bed and nip whatever she comes across first...at 3:30 it was my nose! :rolleyes: I open my eyes to see her face in mine and those batman ears sticking up and then she takes her paw and scratches the heck out of you. So I get up and she running 40 mph in the house and of course I don't so she keeps coming back to nip me in the behind all the way to the door. She is such a good girl...she will NOT have an accident in the house. So then when we come in she thinks it is time for brekkie...I am like a cookie yes...brekkie no! :P I hope and pray we hear something from Dr. Couto tomorrow. I read online that without treatment life expectancy is 6 weeks from time of diagnosis...we are now going into week two. :(:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I hope you hear something very soon so you can start Lacey's treatment. In the meantime, though, it sounds like she's in good spirits.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I read online that without treatment life expectancy is 6 weeks from time of diagnosis...we are now going into week two. :(:grouphug

patti, being in health care we both know that those figures are based on averages, not individuals. for every dog who falls within the average time period, there are many who fall outside of the averages and completely beat the odds :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Silly silly girl. :wub:

It took @ a week on pred for the "4 a.m. pee" effect to wear off, for us. So there is hope!

I am wishing her condition were not so serious, yet laughing at her chasing you thru the house nipping all the way. It was so nice to meet you in person yesterday -- I thought you must be taller and bigger boned than your petite self -- and so am amazed at all the expert dog- and spouse-wrangling you are able to do! Stay strong, and give that rotten girl (and her handsome brother) some scritchies from us.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:lol Now Miss Lacers, doncha go nippin' your momma and :gh_runner through the house like a wild woman. :shakefinger You just concentrate on getting yourself well. :heart Now go give your momma a :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

If you don't hear from Dr. Couto tomorrow AM, I would talk to one of his associates, get the details of their protocol and get the chemo started. As I mentioned in a PM, getting some L-spar to knock down the size of the nodes quickly would be helpful. Even if you have to wait a week or two after that, that would at least get LL started and make her more comfortable since the L-spar works so fast. Maybe someone on Dr. C's team could overnight the first chemo agent to your vet.

Have you had the full diagnostic battery done? I remember a lymph node bx, a bone bx, and that there was a third test which I no longer remember, but it was probably a chest/organ x-ray to ck for mets. If that's all done then there shouldn't be any reason to delay.

Thinking good thoughts for all of your pack,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Sending more good thoughts.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Have faith Patti :grouphug

Get in touch with OSU tomorrow and find out what you need to do. You probably will here from Dr Couto, but if you don't contact one of the associates. At least that way you can get the tests done, the vets at your clinic (where you will have the chemo doen) will know what tests are required.

I have the page done on my site for Lacey Laine if anyone wants to visit it.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Happy to have visited your site Janet. Come Lacey girl!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:hope for Lacey Laine. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Have faith Patti :grouphug

Get in touch with OSU tomorrow and find out what you need to do. You probably will here from Dr Couto, but if you don't contact one of the associates. At least that way you can get the tests done, the vets at your clinic (where you will have the chemo doen) will know what tests are required.

I have the page done on my site for Lacey Laine if anyone wants to visit it.

I visited the site. It is so awesome and Lacers story made me cry, but that's okay. Sometimes we need to have a good cry. :unsure Come on Lacers. I know the candles are lit and with that site the donations will be pouring. Hang in there Patti. I know it was a rough day today with Fred getting his chemo again.

Thank You ALL so much. I heard from Dr. Couto this morning and he is sending the drugs to the specialty clinic here. :yayGod Bless him and all of you! Lacey goes to see the Oncologist tomorrow at 11:00am...they are doing a whole battery of tests and she will have the Wisconsin Protocol. They want her fasting...I was silent for a minute and he said is that a problem? I said kinda...she has Pancreatitis and we feed several small meals a day and that she also is on Pred and the girl does not play...she is in the kitchen scratching the refrigerator and carrying on long before feeding time...He started laughing and said she could have her breakfast at 4:30 and we will be just fine as far as the timing. They said we would be there several hours. I will take her lunch with me and she can eat when they are finished. I am excited...scared...nervous...but I know it is our only hope. Fred was so sick all day long after his chemo yesterday...I wish I could it make it all better for him and for Lacers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.