Penny Suffered Heat Stroke This Weekend

Guest BradyzMommy

Guest BradyzMommy
This is something all of us should be aware of, especially with the heat waves we've been having. I'm curious as to how long Penny was loose before you were able to get her. From your post it doesn't seem like she was out for very long, so apparently it doesn't take much for heat stroke and foot damage to occur in hot weather. That is so scary!

It all seemed like an eternity while she was loose, but the truth of the matter is that she was on the run less than 10 minutes.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest savvyprchick
We transported Penny this morning from the ER vet in Pasadena to our regular vet just downt he street from our house. That hour ride in the car was wonderful!!! She seems like her regular shy but happy self; eating Teddy Grahams from my hand.

Our vet read her medical reports and immediately thought that she was there to be put to sleep. He was shocked and amazed when he actually saw her; she is standing on her own and is alert and reponsive. He said that in all of his years, he has never seen a dog survive the first 24 hours with DIC from heat stroke. He said that only 10% of all cases actually survive. He said that her case is the type of case that vets write articles about in medical journals. He said that she is a miracle. He is keeping her on Heparin and will be re-testing her blood on a daily basis. She will spend her days at his practice and then we will move her to the ER vet for overnight care. Basically, her body is tryign to shut down, but we are all fighting to keep her alive. He warned us that things can change very quickly in these critical cases, but the fact that she made it this far is proof that she is strong.

She isnt out of the woods yet, but she is getting closer. Thank you for all of the positive thoughts and prayers!!!

She's absolutely strong. Keep positive... you've beat enough odds as it is, a few more are nothing!

Guest sweetgsmom

Thats a girl keep fighting. I will be keeping good thoughts and sending prayers for sweet Penny and also for you and DH.

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Keep up the good work Penny....fight for you, mommy and daddy....you are definitely a miracle.....you are a precious sweetheart too.....the Teddy Grahams brought tears to my eyes... :wub::kiss2

Great news Steph. The prayers will keep coming!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Sending prayers for Penny and her family.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending lots of prayers to Penny and her family.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

She is proving she is one strong girl and has a lot to hang on for. You and Steve stay strong too! I am glad she is at your vet now and a lot closer. 7/7/7 is suppose to be a lucky day. Lucky in the fact that you got her back quickly and got her medical attention fast. She is a miracle girl! Our prayers continue for her!

The Girls

Sending Many prayers for Penney. :hope:grouphug:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg