Penny Suffered Heat Stroke This Weekend

Guest BradyzMommy

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BradyzMommy

The vet just called to inform me that Penny's stool is dark colored which indicates bleeding somewhere in her upper GI tract. He is going to give barium to "coat" her tract and give it some protection. Its a small reminder that she is still not out of the woods.

Keep up the good thoughts. Thanks!

Your vet sounds like he's really on top of things, that must be reassuring to you. Sending prayers that she keeps responding well to treatments and hugs of encouragement to you.

I'm just down the road in Rialto, I hope I get to meet the amazing Penny someday

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Guest BradyzMommy
Your vet sounds like he's really on top of things, that must be reassuring to you. Sending prayers that she keeps responding well to treatments and hugs of encouragement to you.

I'm just down the road in Rialto, I hope I get to meet the amazing Penny someday

He even calls us at home to reassure us that we are doing all of the right things. He is an awesome vet!!!!

Dr Cuoto said that our vet is doing exactly as he would do. He said that her numbers may not go up for 48 more hours, but that the way thatshe looks is much more important than what the medical reports say. He said that she sounds like she is out of the woods for the most part.

I cannot even begin to tell you all how incredibly happy I am !

He even calls us at home to reassure us that we are doing all of the right things. He is an awesome vet!!!!

Oh Steph, all I did while getting my car inspected and then at my meeting was think of Penny and you and Steve. I am so encouraged by this update. Continued prayers, hugs, and Teddy Grahams sent your and Penny's way.

:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug180px-Chocolate_teddy_graham_closeu.png

Oops those were chocolate grahams...mustn't give chocolate...so they're for you! ;)

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Prayers that Penney will be the miracle girl, come on Penney we are all praying for you baby girl. :hope:candle:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest BradyzMommy

Penny is home and resting. No results on the platelet counts yet. But the coag panels look good and she has a healthy appetite.

Guest PiagetsMom

There's no place like home - Yay for Penny being home!!! Really, really good news :banana I'm very happy for you, and it's great to read this before I get to bed tonight! Continued good thoughts sent your way :)

:grouphug for you and Stephen and a :kiss2 for Miss Penny.

Hopefully, being home will help with the healing process since there's no place like home.........

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest chigal950

I am so glad she's home, it's just what she needs. Hugs to you too, you must be tired but feeling hopeful. It must feel so wonderful to have her back home where you can love on her all night.

Guest BradyzMommy

I am exhausted. I have had little sleep since Sat. I spent my nights crying and praying for her return to good health, but now that she is here I feel the need to keep a watchful eye on her.

falling asleep waiting for the E-Vet

penny3.jpg

her bruised little legs

PENNY2.jpg

Edited by BradyzMommy

:yay Penny is home!! :yay

Maybe you can set up a comfy bed on flooring rather than carpeting? That way you can sleep by her and if she pees, it's easier to clean??

Take care - rest well - continued :hope :hope :hope for Penny :grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I'm already the biggest crybaby in the world, so it's a good thing they don't have Teddy Grahams here or I'd be a blubbering mess everytime I go food shopping!!!

There's no way that little girl is gonna leave you!!! She knows how much she's loved!

loveshower.gifgrouphugg.gifloveshower.gifgrouphugg.gifloveshower.gifgrouphugg.gifloveshower.gif

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers