Penny Suffered Heat Stroke This Weekend

Guest BradyzMommy

:candle:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:candle:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:candle

Steph, you have been so supportive to me during my dramas with Jorgia---I hope you know I am here for you too!!!

Huge hugs to the Unibrow!!! (Both of you :lol: )

Mo & Da Houndz

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this site recently - it has information about heatstroke in dogs and an article written by a vet about emergency measures you can take yourself to bring the temperature down; what works, what doesn't, what you should and shouldn't do. It's worth bookmarking.

Heatstroke in Dogs - Emergency treatment at home

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

sending prayers for Penny!!!!!! :hope :hope :candle :candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest wmlcml6

How frightening. I've seen firsthand a dog overheat and it is not something you ever want to have happen again. (not one of our dogs, thankfully, but it was scary anyway.) My thoughts are with your sweet girl that she has full recovery.

Guest savvyprchick

OMG, I'm just reading this now... how awful. But I'm glad the last update is good. She'll be in my prayers.

:hope

Sending many prayers and healing thoughts to beautiful Penny. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Holy cow - you guys have been through the wringer. Good thoughts coming your way for your pretty girl. Hope she continues to improve.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

I am just seeing this Steph....my heart sank.....I am so very sorry....truly, I am keeping Penny, you, Steve and the rest of your gang in my prayers today.....give Penny a gentle kiss for me..... :wub::grouphug:cry1