Penny Suffered Heat Stroke This Weekend

Guest BradyzMommy

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued hugs and prayers for Penny and her family.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Sending many prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hang on little girl, we are all pulling for you!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest paulamariez

Poor Penny girl! My thoughts, prayers and lots of doggie kisses from me and my pack. Be strong Penny and keep fighting. Your family doesn't want to lose you yet!

Guest BradyzMommy

Pennys platelet count is not improving. We have to consider how long we are going to continue to put her through this.

Guest Winterwish

Sending prayers for Penny,please pull thru' sweetheart.

Bradyzmommy,do you know the latest result of her platelet count,the specific number?

:grouphug

Stephanie, I am searching like crazy...I guess it is the helpless feeling.

Dr. Couto did a whole study and article on DIC. www.vspn.net/vspnsearch/aow/dic.htm

Any chance to get his opinion? I know so many speak so highly of him. I am also sure there are people here that can help you get in touch with him. I am sure your vet is awesome, but maybe he has seen more DIC cases????

Just a thought for you.

The Girls

Guest dogrunner04

Many good wishes for Penny, and for you.

Aside from the platelet count, how is she? Checking with Ohio State as someone suggested is a good idea. You can email them at greyosu@osu.edu. My girl suffered heatstroke several years ago, and they were doubtful she would make it either, but she recovered and had many more happy years.

Good luck, and keep fighting Penny.

Guest BradyzMommy
OH NO!!!! I have no words...just all the prayers I have are going for you!

Have they had luck with this type before? How long does it normally take?

less than 10% of DIC cases make it and it all depends on the dog.

Sending prayers for Penny,please pull thru' sweetheart.

Bradyzmommy,do you know the latest result of her platelet count,the specific number?

:grouphug

its at 14