Penny Suffered Heat Stroke This Weekend

Guest BradyzMommy

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy for you, Penny is an amazing girl. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Today is Penny's last day of constant watch at the vet. Tonight she will be home for good. :):):):):)

:yay:confetti:yay Tears of Joy!!!! :yay:confetti

What a little fighter! We're all so happy for Penny and for your whole family. :confetti:clap

You know, you ought to think seriously about writing this up for Celebrating Greyhounds. It's an amazing story of surviving against all odds, and also a chance to educate folks about heat stroke, DIC, and how to increase their dogs' chance of survival should they ever be faced with this situation. Maybe Dr. Couto could write a side bar about DIC to add to the article. And of course, you have the added benefit of seeing her beautiful little face put out there for thousands to admire. :P

Welcome home for good, Penny!

I was thinking the same thing, Steph - you should!

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

What a little fighter! We're all so happy for Penny and for your whole family. :confetti:clap

You know, you ought to think seriously about writing this up for Celebrating Greyhounds. It's an amazing story of surviving against all odds, and also a chance to educate folks about heat stroke, DIC, and how to increase their dogs' chance of survival should they ever be faced with this situation. Maybe Dr. Couto could write a side bar about DIC to add to the article. And of course, you have the added benefit of seeing her beautiful little face put out there for thousands to admire. :P

Welcome home for good, Penny!

I agree, this would be an excellent article for CG! What an amazing story, yeah Penny!!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Writing an article for CG is a wonderful idea! There are likely many greyhound adopters that are not aware of the effects of heat on their hounds, how quickly it can take them down.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg