Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The party was a lot of fun - watching Winslow tear into his presents was hysterical. I told Glynis we're going to have to repo Winslow since he obviously gets no attention, no love and the poorest of care :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Winslow is one amazing host. After greeting us at the door to accept his toy, he ran off to the bed, deposited his toy, then came back to the door to welcome us. Winslow KNEW this was his party. He went from guest to guest during the party, greeting everyone - in between running to the door to greet new guests - and when he wasn't meeting and greeting he was lounged on the bed or sofa, looking very much the center of the party. Glynis is right - Winslow loves a good party!

And by the way, Glynis is no slouch as a hostess either - delicious food and delightful guests! Well worth the drive from PA. And Bodie and Rainy were estactic with joy at receiving a piece of Burpdog birthday cake when we got home - they even forgave us for coming home smelling of another greyhound!

Rhonda

Bodie & Rainy

Feburary 18, 2008

Winslow parked on the sofa yesterday and never moved except for food. He wanted me to bring his food to the sofa. NO WAY! If he's not well, you know I'll feed him anywhere, but HE'S TIRED FROM BEING A PARTY ANIMAL! No, I'm not serving his meals on the sofa or in bed! Geez!

We hope all is well in Texas.

Glynis and Winslow,who is looking at the calendar and planning his next event.

2008_0217Winslowbirthday0026.jpg

2008_0217Winslowbirthday0033.jpg

2008_0217Winslowbirthday0030.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Winslow & Glynis!! Sorry I missed your party - sounds like lots of fun!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

March 12, 2008

All continues on here, normally. We went out Saturday and bought Winslow a new lambie. He promply amputated a front leg. Poor thing, must have had osteo. Winslow plays doctor.

Glynis

Here's the photo, sad but true.

Winslow the surgeon is at it again. As you can see, he's recently been operating on the bird, too. We bought a new one on Saturday after I discovered the feet alone on the kitchen floor. The pheasants seem to last longer. The lambie was here for only a few hours before his amputation. He removes the limbs and then leaves them for me to sew up the holes. After I do it, he's fine to play with them until the squeakers wear out, without further destruction.

Just like the lambie, he only took one foot off the pheasant. I took the other one off because they were connected.

I wonder what a communicator would say about this. You have seen his toys, Diane. He's not destructive. He doesn't even rip the tags off.

Anyway, things are normal here. It's getting warm and Winslow hopes to resume swimming soon.

Glynis

newlamb.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:lol:lol Oh Winslow you are one funny guy!

I would be interested to know what he might tell a communicator regarding his doctoring habits....

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 4 weeks later...

April 3, 2008

Hi Diane,

Here's a little something to brighten your day:

Winslow's been reading the mail again. This time, it was a magazine with a rawhide bone on the cover. I guess he thought the article would be of interest to him since I don't give him rawhide.

I'm glad to see his taste in literature improving. Last time he did some "reading", it was the issue of Rolling Stone with Britney Spears on the cover. I found pieces of her lying around for weeks. No further comment.

Glynis

Winslowread.jpg

Winslowread2.jpg

Winslowread3.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

April 9, 2008

Hi Diane,

Winslow had his big check up this morning. I, of course haven't slept all week. I have no reason to believe there's anything wrong, but you know how I am about these things.

Dr. C. saw nothing on the xrays and has no reason to believe anything is wrong either. The test results (radiology, blood, urine) won't be in until tomorrow, so you know, I'm still nervous until I hear something from the almighty lab.

Last week, I found a fan that operates on the same battery as my battery operated drill and saw. I got it to put in the car for Winslow.. you know, "personal fan" I took it with us to the vets today. There was Winslow in the waiting room, lounging on his go everywhere bed and keeping cool with "l'il fanny". The maintenance man came by and commented on Winslow's power tools. Dr. C. and Joy thought it was a good idea.

Everyone thought it was funny, but Winslow thought it was cool.

Although he was happy to see Joy and Dr. C, he wasn't happy about getting up at 6:am, no breakfast, needles, xrays or being prodded. The peanut butter muzzles help, but he's really glad to go home. Fortunately, they don't make us wait very long. I think we have preferred customer status.

Craig had his breakfast waiting when we got home and then it was right to bed with the pheasants.

I'll let you know what they say tomorrow.

Glynis

snoozed.jpg

April 10, 2008

WOOHOO!!!! Winslow gets another A+ check up!!!!

It's PARTY TIME!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest paulamariez

Excellent news Winslow! Keep up the greyt work! Keep healing and keep partying! What a beautiful boy you are! And such a funny character too! Doggie kisses being sent to Winslow from Tiger, Bueller and Domino! :kiss2

FABULOUS news! :yay

I love the mental picture of Winslow at the vet with his own personal fan :wub: He is one special hound and I feel blessed to be able to hear his stories! :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Good boyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Winslowwwwwww ^_^:clap:confetti:couchjump:dogcookie

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

April 11, 2008

As soon as I told Winslow, he started packing for the beach! Now, he's ready for a vacation!

Glynis

Check out my blog: www.coffeeandapainting.com

www.glynisberger.com (NEW YEAR, NEW ART!)

www.de-yong.com

Somewhere in this thread are pictures of Winslow at the vacation spot they go--he loves it there :wub:

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

April 11, 2008

Lolasmom wanted to know what a peanut butter muzzle is.

Winslow is the biggest sissy in the world. He cries and screams for the slightest procedure.. nails, vaccinations, blood work, everything. I tried to muzzle him for his nails, but he hated the muzzle as bad as getting his nails done.

Winslow will do anything for peanut butter, so I coat the inside of a turnout muzzle with peanut butter. It allows for 10 minutes of doing things to him that he doesn't like. We have 3 muzzles pre loaded and a full jar of peanut butter whenever we go to the vet. They are pretty good about it and now have it timed to a complete checkup in 2 muzzles... including chest xrays. I can get his nails done in one muzzle.

I started this shortly after we got him because I just couldn't stand to hear him screaming and have him get so worked up about these things. Now, he hears the dremel and comes running in for his manicure.

After we take the muzzle off, I give it to him. He takes it to the bed, sticks his head in it (usually backward) and enjoys the rest of the peanut butter. It makes all those nasty treatments more tolerable, even pleasant. I don't think we would have gotten through all the surgery, chemo and check ups without it. Winslow recommends it to everyone.

As usual, photos are attached.

Glynis

2008_0411muzzle0001.jpg

2008_0411muzzle0004.jpg

2008_0411muzzle0008.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

And I've witnessed this - when Glynis brings out the muzzle and dremel, Winslow runs over to his pedicure bed and eagerly gets his nails done :lol :lol :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Winslow, you never let me down - I am guaranteed to laugh out loud when seeing your new pictures! I'm glad you have your mom trained so well (good boy!)

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Gosh, I am going to try a PB muzzle for Pinky to do her nails! She is usually very good if there is someone to pet her while I work on her, but since I live alone, unless my mom is up here visiting I don't have anyone to sit with her while I do it. She tolerates it but I have to stop to pet her after every nail to reassure her.

Do you freeze them? I used to freeze the kids' Kongs when I'd prepare them ahead of time.