Secret Santa 2006

Trudy

Go to the Events tab just below the banner and have at it!

:read:rules

1. If you sign up, you MUST send out your packages - ON TIME (if you can't for some reason you MUST let me know and let your person know as well)
  2. Sign up any number of times you wish - each ticket you submit will receive a gift (so you can enter one grey or 10 in one ticket)
  3. Package limit is $20 PLUS shipping (yes, you can spend more if you wish, but you are not obligated to)
  4. If you are shipping overseas, get your package sent early or send something from the destination country
  5. Packages MUST arrive by December 20, 2006. I suggest you have packages mailed by December 12 if you are shipping within the same country
  6. If you need to back out, let me know ASAP so I can make changes
  7. Packages can be for the greyhounds/pets or the humans
  8. You can sign up for non greys - if you are entering a non-greyhound, please indicate that in the comments
  9. Unfortunately, we are not able to match/not match based on the type of pet being entered, so it is possible you could be matched up to a non greyhound. If this is a very serious problem for you, let me know, but I won't be able to do much as I'm not going to go into the system and unmatch and rematch people by hand - leaves it far too possible for me to screw it up and somebody not get a gift
  10. PLEASE keep track of things in the events system - UPDATE it as you go
  11. I strongly suggest delivery conf and insurance if using the USPS - packages have known to be lost or missing
  12. Signups are open until Nov 30 - but can (and likely will) be closed early if the sign ups slow down greatly
  13. This list of rules can be added to... so please check back often :)
If you have questions, please post them here so I can answer them here and others can see the answers.

Now get shopping! :xmas:reindeer:snowman:snow:Peace:xmas

and have I mentioned that I happen to have 25 pounds of chocolate greyhounds for human consumption sitting on my counter from Dewey that can be purchased ;):xmas:chocolate

10/24/06 match update:

I see two issues, so please do not send out any packages just yet. I want to look into them further before saying all is okay with the match.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI, no data has been lost, so if you entered while we were looking for, and fixing the display bug, you are still entered :)

The system should be pretty self explanatory, but in case it is not.

Once we do the user to user matching, you will get an email, but in case your mail system is strict, check the events system once a day or so.

When we make the matches, the status of your packages will change. Click MY PACKAGES to view them. What you should notice is this image.

Acknowledge.gif

You need to click that image to acknowledge that you received your match info.

Once you click the above, the status image will change again, it will change to this:

Mailed.gif

Now start getting your package together, and obviously click that image when you have shipped the package.

At that point you are waiting for the other member to receive it, so the status changes to:

Waiting.gif

And once your match receives the package, and updates the system it will change to:

Complete.gif

--------

This also works in reverse. In the past those on the receiving end were waiting impatiently, and wondering if the other end knew they had a match or not. Not to worry, the status of incoming packages works very similar.

When the sender acknowledges the match, you will see this image:

SS_Acknowledged.gif

And when your package ships, you will see this:

Received.gif

And finally click that to get back to the all mighty:

Complete.gif

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Woo Hoo! Thanks for all of your hard work! :xmas

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

in just this short time we are already ahead of the August Secret Santa numbers.

August had 87 participants sending 146 packages

So far for SS 2006 we have 114 participants sending 208 packages.

Last year the numbers were just a tad over 300 (I forget if that was members or packages)

Guest greytmonty
FYI, no data has been lost, so if you entered while we were looking for, and fixing the display bug, you are still entered :)

Hi, this is my first year on GT. I signed up for the Secret Santa but did not receive any kind of confirmation. I know when I signed up there were bugs which Jeff has fixed. Please let me know if I should be getting some kind of email or other confirmation (do I have to look it up somewhere on the site?)

thanks!

Also any good hints about the type of gifts people send would be great!

Karen

Hi, this is my first year on GT. I signed up for the Secret Santa but did not receive any kind of confirmation. I know when I signed up there were bugs which Jeff has fixed. Please let me know if I should be getting some kind of email or other confirmation (do I have to look it up somewhere on the site?)

thanks!

Also any good hints about the type of gifts people send would be great!

Karen

The old system used comfirmation emails for registration. Since the new system includes a GUI, you can view your entries in real time. This makes the confirmation email not needed

There are no dog names or comments on my sign up. They are there if you go to my profile.

Correct, the MY PACKAGES page shows you in the info of who you will be sending to. We have not made any matches yet. You will ne notified by email when you have been matched, and the info of who you are sending to will then show on that page, and the person sending to you will see your info on their page ;)

This is what it will look like after matches are made, with the date from you person you are sending to:

package_display2.gif

I have a friend that doesn't post very often but wants to participate again this year (she did last year). Does she need a minimum number of posts to sign up?

Cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Brandy_b
I will likely do a round of matching some time this week so people shipping overseas can get on that

That's good! Thanks :)

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

It seems pretty clear from my post above, but I’ll say it again.

NO MATCHES HAVE BEEN MADE. IT WILL LIKELY BE A FEW WEEKS BEFORE MATCHES ARE MADE. IT IS STILL OCTOBER.

They live in the same house right?

I will likely do a round of matching some time this week so people shipping overseas can get on that

:lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Yes, I plan for worst case, she plans for best case.

With best case planning people get disappointed when deadlines are missed. With worst case planning, people are happy when you are ahead of schedule.

As you saw, we are complete opposites :lol

If I match them this week and the overseas people don't send their packages in time, I can send them nasty grams without feeling guilty :evil:lol

If I wait a few weeks and people have to send the expensive way to get their package overseas, then I'll feel bad when people don't get their packages before April!

Just covering my own rear :lol

Snort :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So have any matches been made?

Do I need to re sign-up?

:rofl I am just messin with ya, I read the thread and it is all crystal clear. Thanks for doing this.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

I signed up but have no dogs currently....Buddy bit 2 of my kids so he went to my cousins farm to live . He's doing greyt there ....no kids go figure.

I DO NOT WISH FOR ANY GIFTS SENT MY WAY I only wish to send to 1 person if possible.

I miss my greys and have to spoil someones