Miss Nellie

greytdecals

It is with our very sad, hurting hearts that Brian and I have to tell you that we helped Miss Nellie to the bridge this morning :( This was the most difficult thing that we have ever had to do, but is was best for her. I can't stop crying. Her little body was tired and hurting, she could not walk, could not stand up on her own...she was no longer living her life the way she wanted to and she was very depressed. She went peacefully, wrapped in her Circle of Grey healing blanket.

Bless you sweet Miss Nellie...you are now running pain free with 4 legs! You will be missed and loved forever and ever! You have touched so many lives in your short time here on earth and I know you will continue to! Now you can play and run and climb stairs again!

Thank you, everyone, from the bottom of our hearts for all of your prayers, support and most of all, caring...you have been there with us thru this difficult time and I don't know how we could ever give back what you have given to us.

We will keep fighting for you, Miss Nellie...someday, there will be a cure for Osteosarcoma and no one will ever have to go thru what we have had to and no hound will ever have to suffer again.

It's so hard saying goodbye and it hurts so bad...but I know we will see you again...we love you, Miss Nellie :beatheart

4290995.jpg

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DaffyToons

:weep Oh, Suzie, I am so sorry!!! My heart breaks for you, having just traveled down the same road this past February with Dynamo.

So many people love you, Miss Nellie!! Godspeed, sweet one. Fly free in a world without pain on four legs, fast as the wind!

:gh_run

Guest GiJenn51

:cry1

I'm so so very sorry. :f_white

Miss Nellie we'll miss you very much! Watch over your family sweetie.

God speed and run free sweetie!! :gh_run

Guest Greymom

:weep I am so very sorry. What a special girl. She touched all of our lives and we all feel the pain right now.

Run free sweet girl, until we meet again. The night sky is certainly brighter with your star shining down on us. May God help your aching heart.

:grouphug:f_white:gh_run

:cry1 We all thought if anyone could beat this nasty disease, it would be the amazing Miss Nellie. I'm sitting here in tears, as I'm sure will everyone who sees her name in the Remembrance forum. I'm just so very sorry for the loss of your very special girl. :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Godspeed sweet Nellie.

Suzie and Brian I am so sorry. Miss Nellie, you are loved by so many.

Even knowing this was coming, you just can't prepare yourself enough.

I will keep fighting this ugly disease in Nellie's honour for all our babies.

I am making a donation to Hope for Hounds in Miss Nellie's memory. If anyone wants to join me, let me know.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh, god, I'm so, so sorry... Miss Nellie has had such a huge impact on me, I can't even tell you in words. I've never cried over a rememberance post, but I am right now, and I've never even met her. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you. :cry1

f_yellow

Edited by DazzleMe

oh Suzie :( :( :( :( :(

Bruce and I are sitting here crying our eyes out :sad1:cry1:sad1:cry1

Miss Nellie is now running fast and free at the bridge :angelwings

I am so, so sorry :cry1

we will always love you, Miss Nellie :wub::wub::wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I know there are no words to make you feel better right now. Please know that we are all out here crying and grieving right along with you, admiring this last, loving gift of dignity you've given to your sweet girl.

Miss Nellie, your new life as a guardian angel begins today. Thank you for inspiring all of us. We'll work very hard to find a cure for the disease that took you too soon. Run free, brave girl, and watch over your family until they can see you again.

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Guest vahoundlover

:weep:grouphug I'm so sorry....we are all here for you and Brian.

Run with the wind, Godspeed Miss Nellie, we will miss you but never forget you! :kiss2

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

Suzie, Brian, Miss Katie and Mr. Alan, you have our deepest sympathy. :f_pink

You will never know the huge impact Miss Nellie has made on so many...thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing her with us, the good times and the bad. She will forever be missed and loved.

Even though Miss Nellie didn't beat this $%#@ cancer, she brought such a huge awareness to so many about this and Dr. C's research.

We are so sorry for your loss. :weep

God Bless Miss Nellie and your family, and all the others who are fighting this monster. May Miss Nellie have a wonderful time as she runs and plays and waits at the bridge until she meets you all again. :gh_run2

:bighug:bighug:bighug

Kim :brokenheart

Edited by brindlebaby

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Suzie, you, Brian, Alan and Katie have my sympathies for Miss Nellie. :cry1

I'm at a loss right now but know that your girl will never be forgotten.

Godspeed Miss Nellie...

:gh_run

Guest tricolorhounds
:f_pink I'm crying with you.. RUN FREE MISS NELLIE... Send your family a sign that you made it safely and are pain free.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Oh Suzie i am so sorry. We all loved Miss Nellie. Prayers for your famiy to get thru this hard time. Run free sweet girl you will never be forgotten.

I'm so sorry - I know the pain. We picked up our Pup's ashes from the vet today. Osteo has taken too many of our beloved hounds lately. All the while we were fast losing Pup to Osteo, I was reading and following along with Miss Nellie & I kept hoping and praying that she would beat this terrible Cancer for atleast a little while longer.

I'm crying with you today f_yellow

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest Hannah

We had some thunder here this afternoon, Im guessing it was Miss Nellie teaming up with Mono to play running up and down the stairs :)

run and play hard and long sweet girl :heart