Miss Nellie

greytdecals

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Suzie, I'm so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you and Brian right now. Suzie had such a big impact of so many of us. I started cryng the minute I saw her name. Godspeed sweet Nellie. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:( I am so sorry for you and Brian...my heart aches for you and I wish that there was something I could say to ease your pain and suffering. With Miss Nellie guiding us from above...and with her inspiration...we will find a cure! Now as for you sweet and beautiful Miss Nellie...I can just see you running and playing...there are no more tears in heaven sweetheart. Shine your special star brightly so that Mommy and Daddy know how well you are doing. Please kiss Angel Sophia for me. :grouphug:grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest GreyhoundTrish

Brian and Suzie, you're in my thoughts and every prayer. She's at peace and pain free now. I am so honored that I was able to meet the most special pup on the planet and to love on her. She will always always be deep in my heart and soul. She had a profound effect on me, but I think you know that.

Goodbye sweet Nellie, for now, for I will see you again one day, and we'll run again and cuddle again.

My heart is heavy with sadness for you, Suzie and Brian. If there's anything I can do, you know all you have to do is ask. I love you guys.

Edited by GreyhoundTrish

Guest nirik

I'm so sorry... Miss Nellie was an inspiration to me and my Twyla. Someday we have to beat osteo. :(

Run free and healthy Miss Nellie...

Miss Nellie you will never be forgotten, for you truly are an ambassador - as someone elsewhere on GT put it, an icon. Though your body was tired, your spirit will continue to live on, to inspire us, to give us reason to keep working towards a cure for this nasty evil and dreaded disease. Susie and Brian, I am so sorry for this deep loss today, I know it has to hurt beyond words. But I also know that there has to be some peace and relief knowing that she is no longer hurting or suffering. You gave Miss Nellie a wonderful retirement and the most loving home she ever could have dreamed of having. You gave her more time on this earth with your sacrifices, and as a result, she became even more deeply embeded in our hearts. Thank you for sharing her with us, for sharing all facets of her/your journey with us. I pray you are comforted in knowing that she will never leave you, that she is forever grateful for your love and care, and will never be far from you.

I hope you don't mind my putting your quilt square here, but it belongs here ... in remembrance of the sweetest hound ever ... :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

19SuzieQ-AC-WL.jpg

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Billy_thundersmom

This is the post I have been dreading. I hoped NOT to see this name in this thread.

Through tears I type that if ever there was a greyhound who made a difference Nellie was that greyhound. She became a spokesperson for all of us who live in fear of this horrible disease. We all rode the highs, we all hit the lows. Through it all, we all thought about Osteo and what it does to those we hold dear to our hearts. And it got a face. It was a gorgeous little brindle face that was brave, intelligent and loving, and oh so loved back. The face of Osteo got prettier but the results just got so much uglier. As a community, I know that we will all grieve Miss Nellie for a long time to come, but we will also come together now to fight this disease with every weapon that we have. For now, the most important weapon is money. And there is a lot needed so the study can continue with renewed vigor. We lost Miss Nellie but we have not lost the war.

I will be putting together some auctions in Miss Nellie's name and I encourage all the wonderful and generous vendors here on GT to do the same. Together, we can make a difference and make Miss Nellie's fight matter to those she left behind. I belive this is the best way to honor this brave and wonderful hound and all those that loved her so very much.

God Bless you, Susie and Brian. You will be in my thoughts. Heaven just got a brighter star. :cry1

Guest KennelMom

:cry1

Trish said it perfectly. Miss Nellie, you have touched so many of our lives and we will all love and miss you forever :cry1

Hugs to all those she leaves behind...especially her mommy and daddy :grouphug

How can a dog that I will never meet, and people that I do not know in person manage to touch my heart so deeply? It is a testimate to the strength of Miss Nellie that her life and her passing have had such a profound effect on so many people. We are all on this earth for a reason, and maybe Miss Nellie's reason was to involve all of us in her fight against this disease. Perhaps we will all fight just a little bit harder to help find a cure after following the journey of Miss Nellie. Maybe each of us will hold our own hounds a little bit closer tonight and give thanks for every day we have with them. Maybe when we have to face the unthinkable, we will remember the strength and courage that Miss Nellie and her family showed in their battle.

Brian and Suzie you have also been couragous. You gave Miss Nellie the benefit of having tried everything there was to try. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you and Dr. Couto gave it your all. Sometimes though, there is not enough that can be done here on earth, and we have to make the most difficult of decisions. She knew how much you loved her. She will never be forgotten.

Run free Miss Nellie. There is a special spot reserved just for you at the bridge. :f_pink

Cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest fountainpengwen

:cry1 I'm so sorry for your loss. Is it odd to say I loved her even though I never met her? That's how special Miss Nellie was. :f_white

Godspeed, Miss Nellie. Now you can run pain-free all you want! :gh_run2

Guest Jengonetothedogs

Miss Nellie will be sorely missed by so many of us; her courage and joy in life is what we will all remember. Run free Miss Nellie. Hugs to your loving family. :grouphug