Miss Nellie

greytdecals

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many others, this is the post I have been dreading to see. Even after only been on GT a very short time, I have followed Miss Nellie's story and thought about her daily. I had even "shared her" with co-workers as she and Suzy and Brian have been such an inspiration.

I have not been able to get on here today until now but, this morning as I was driving to a doggie Easter Bonnet parade (with Miss Molly laying her head on my lap under the steering wheel) I thought of Nellie. I called my sis (Blastsmom) and that's when she read me the post. My eyes were filled with tears as she read with many pauses and moments of silence. Upon my arrival at the parade I met up with Sheila and Greg (Retired Racers) and it took all I had to get the words out to Sheila, we both just "fought back the tears". It's hard to even think about without the tears ! Nellie and her family have had more of an impact on more people than they can even imagine.

Suzy and Brian you are both very strong people and I hope and pray that if God decides to ever toss something as such my way I would have even a quarter of your strength ! You gave Nellie so much and by that Nellie then had so much to hold on for and give strength to others who may unfortunatley have to fight this horrible disease.

I can only believe that is was her time to go (as much as we all were praying and hoping for that "Miss Nellie Miracle"), it just was not to happen. I believe that she will now be "Top Angel" at the bridge where she will be able to help and guide so many other puppers who might have Osteo and perhaps it will be HER choosing as to who the "Miracle Pupper" will be. There will be one, one day this war will be over !

The only comfort any one can offer now is the knowing that she is pain free and happy once again. I am sure she is saying "Don't be sad Mommy and Daddy, I am OK, I am loved and there are many of my old friends here and new friends to be made, we all are able to run free here and there are no boo boos to hurt us! I love you for everything you have always done for me, I'm ok and I will see you at a later time! Until then love and hugs to be sent all the time ! PS: I'm getting those ear scritches and tummy rubs you've been sending all day !"

My heart aches reading these posts and writing also and my deepest sympathies go out to Suzy and Brian. May you all heal from this with the grace and strength you have always shown all of us !

:gh_run:grouphugf_yellow:grouphug:f_pink:grouphugf_yellow:grouphug:gh_run

mollysiggy-1.jpgemmasiggy-1.jpg

Guest Scouts_mom

I am so very sorry.

I remember that lovely picture you posted a short time ago of Miss Nellie bundled in blankets enjoying the spring sunshine. She was met at the bridge by all the other bridge angels, including my sweet Scout, and is now racing the wind and always sleeping in the sun.

:gh_lay:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run

Guest Chynagirl

I'm so sorry. My tears are falling with yours. :brokenheart Even though we've never met she touched my heart like she has so many others. Thank you sharing her with us. God speed Miss Nellie :gh_run

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

OH SH*T!!! This is the post I soooo NEVER wanted to read :(

I know this is not the normal way that most would post but DANG it's so what I feel. I wanted Miss Nellie to be the one to beat this, I wanted to continue to hear the wonderful adventures of Miss Nellie.

I am so sorry, and I know your heart feels like it could explode.

Miss Nellie sweetie, you are pain free now honey, your 4 legs will carry you across the bridge to so many others that are awaiting your arrival. Run free sweetie, sleep upon the fluffiest of clouds and roach all day and night if you like.

Please watch over your Mom, Dad and siblings, they are hurting right now and need to feel you close.

We miss and love you Miss Nellie, until we meet, GOD SPEED SWEETIE :angelwings:gh_run

I am very sad to read this as you know Miss Nellie has touched all of us here at greytalk. thank you so very much for sharing her with us. You are right Suzy she is running and romping around in the tall grass in the warm sunshine chasing butterflies with the others at the bridge. Miss Nellie you fought so so hard but it was time for the heavens to have another angel and a big bright beautiful star in the night sky. We will miss you so but all of us know we will all be reunited again one day......until then sweetie send mommy and daddy a rainbow when you can and look over them, they are hurting so much and missing you terribly.

Sending gentle hugs and prayers to help mend your broken hearts :(

Godspeed pretty girl :blush

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest BleusysMom

Miss Nellie fought soooo hard because.....She LOVED LIFE & HER FAMILY!!!!!

Just watch the night sky....Miss Nellie will be running across many a beautiful night sky...sparkling and shining brightly with the Joy of running & the Joy of knowing she is Your Angel!!!!

:f_pink:f_pink Run Free...

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Guest longdogs

We will all miss her and your stories about her. Thankyou. She was so lucky living with friends who cared so much about her, especially when she needed it most.

Guest salvadorshuman

Oh I am so sorry to see Miss Nellie's name here! My heart hurts for you. :weep

You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight and I hope that my Salvador will meet her at the bridge and they can comiserate on the woes of osteo together.

Wishing you much peace and love in Miss Nellie's memory.

f_yellow

No words can express how very sorry I am. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug Godspeed and run free, Miss Nellie. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Suzie, I am so sorry to hear this. I am certainly crying with you and wish I could offer more solace. :heart I know, just like everyone here, how difficult this was for all of you to do. You did her every bit of good that was humanly possible and she was a beautiful soul who deserved you as her family as much as you deserved her.

Godspeed, Miss Nellie. My one regret was never getting to have met you and hugged you in person but I got to share in the gift of knowing you through your wonderful mama. I take comfort in knowing the Bridge now has another special, beautiful hound like you although you are so very missed here, too. :heart We love you always and forever, Miss N. Always.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You could not possibly have done more or done it better, Miss Nellie was truly a well loved girl. No words can take away your pain I know so I just send you hugs :grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

So sorry for your loss :f_white

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest lotsahounds

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Miss Nellie was and is an inspiration to all and will be greatly missed. We all share your pain. :f_pink