For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh Cheryl, what a special visit from Honor to ease the heartache you are feeling and to let

you know she is safe and happy. A precious moment to hold onto! I am so glad you shared

this with all those who have been so touched by Honor's passing.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest BlessedByGreys

Cheryl, I am sitting here in tears, again, but this time they are happy tears. i know that Honor understands how devestated we all have been over her passing and once again she proves how really wonderful she is by wanting to help ease your pain. Honor, you truly are one of God's littlest angels.

I did not know you sweet girl, but I sure do love you, and I know that I get to meet you one day. Until that time find my sweet angel Calli and run free baby girl.

Diana+, Katie, and Dolly

Oh, Cheryl, I am so glad that she let you know that she is all right.

Good girl, Honor, you made your foster mama feel so much better.

:f_pink

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

It's all been said........healing prayers to Honor's Mom and Foster Mom.

Run free, sweet Honor. One more greyt angel in Heaven.

This tragic story needs to be told to the entire Greyhound Community. Please, someone get this published in Celebrating Greyhounds magazine. Get media coverage of Honor's memorial tribute as well.

How about a pamphlet or flyer to be given to all new greyhound adopters specifically warning of the dangers of "free running greys". It could be another way to "honor" a beautiful angel. Maybe it could be a GPA standard in their packets. I for one would certainly help pay to print it.

Oh, Cheryl, what a lovely gift Honor has brought you!

It is so wonderful when they visit! My bridge babies come to visit from time to time, and I know from the minute they leave they are just fine. It's us that have to stay here without them that have the pain.

I remind myself often that the body is just a vehicle that we drive around while we are here on Earth, and when that vehicle can't function anymore, we just trade it in for something better!

Happy tears here, knowing that there is such a loving, bright angel up there looking after her earthly family, just as we have ours looking after us.

:confetti: :beatheart:confetti

PS: YES YES! That beautiful story MUST be published. It made my day -- I'm sure it could be a healing thing for many others.

Edited by HooversMom

What a truly special girl, to come back and let you, Cheryl and all of us know she is well. I hope her visit has brought peace to you, Christine, and all who have been hurting through this. I feel a little better...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest cmdjoyner

I know this may be a bit silly, but the pamphlet thing gave me an idea. Colleges always have the "Honor" system/code...not cheating, etc. What if the pamphlets become an explanation of items in the contracts that are signed and initialed when the grey is adopted. The pamphlet could be "The Guide to your HONOR Contract" or something like that. That way it can also explain the keeping greys on a leash thing so that they are not running free, etc., etc.

If implemented by most or even all adoption groups regardless of their origination, it would keep this lesson and Honor's purpose alive. There could even be an explanation of why it's called the HONOR Contract and/or Code that could also put this tragedy in print to perspective adopters.

I think if any good can come out of this senseless horrific tragedy it will be that all grey parents and future adopters look very carefully, take a second and third look at the people they trust and use as babysitters and caretakers for their greyhound(s).

The family member who says they love you and who you love and trust ...may not love your dog even half as much as you do.

Should there be a rule that if you are leaving your grey for extended periods that you have to set it up so the caretakers must meet with the closest adoption rep, so that the caretaker understands the responsibility/accountability etc ??

Honor's story will be carried with me forever and told whenever the opportunity arises.

I'm so so sorry Christine...I wish you the very very best as your heart heals, you are not alone nor forgotten.

But asking me to think anything but negative thoughts about the people who did this is absolutely impossible.

The powers that be had a better plan for her. Sending my prayers to Honor's Mom and all who loved Honor.

:hope :hope :hope

I also pray for the soul of her father and mother so they will realize what they have done and be remorseful for it. Purposefully harming His creatures shall equal eternal damnation.

Edited to add: Honor is certainly leaving a wonderful legacy. Kudos to the caring and wonderful peeps of GT!

Edited by Jiffer

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Actually, I like the "Honor" system idea.  :colgate  I think it's a really sweet and informative way to get through to adopters.

1710593[/snapback]

The Honor System - oh that sounds wonderful...what a way to keep her bitter legacy alive, and maybe to keep safe even just one other pup...I know there are some incredibly artistic people on GT, maybe someone can write something. I would be proud to post it on our site, maybe with Honor's picture, if that would be okay...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest BlessedByGreys

Good news, I spoke with Chief Carter, of the San Felipe Police Department, this morning and Heather, the woman who owns the field where Honor is buried has given us her permission to clean up the area where she is buried, plant some rosemary and erect a new cross. I will bring a rake and shovel on Sunday, November 13th, and we can all help out in some way to give Honor a proper resting place.

For those wanting and planning to attend I need a head count so that I can let Chief Carter know how many to expect. After that we will all head to Stephen F. Austin State Park for a celebration lunch in honor of Honor. I will provide greyt treats for the fur kids, you will just need to bring whatever you, and whoever else may be with you, wants to eat and drink.

The directions will be forth coming.

Again, I need a head count and if you were planning on sending me a note for Honor's memorial box, I need them ASAP. The address again is:

Diana S. Fadrique

2409 Locke Lane

Houston, Texas 77019

These notes will be kept private for Honor only unless you want them read at her service. If you do want me to read them please indicate that on the paper or card. If not, please write private on the paper or card and they will be placed in her box unread. I have already received a few and will be so pleased if we can fill her box with letters of love.

If anyone can think of anything else they would like me to do, just e-mail me and I will do my best to honor your request.

Diana

Edited by BlessedByGreys

I would very much like to come to support my friends, the Kings, but I have a wedding that day.

Wish it could be a different day, but I will definitely observe a moment of silence.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest cmdjoyner

We are also going to try to be there, probably without any hounds. Can't guarantee, though. However, I am mailing our note today. Diana, will you be bringing Dolly? We would so love to give her a hug again!

Guest BlessedByGreys
We are also going to try to be there, probably without any hounds.  Can't guarantee, though.  However, I am mailing our note today.  Diana, will you be bringing Dolly?  We would so love to give her a hug again!

1714961[/snapback]

Katie and Dolly will both be there for you to give lots of loving to.

I wish I could be there, but it's just too far away. I sent a note though...I'll be thinking of Honor that day....

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest greytgreymom

Scott and I will be there, along with Rusty, "the wonder puppy". (He's the newest edition who will be four months on 11/02.) I believe my DD Kerrie will be there as well. Don't know about other DD, Kimberly, but she's already posted.

Christine will be there.

Diana, I've got the plaque ordered, and will bring it as well. Do we want to line her grave with stones, blocks or anything? If so, let me know, and I will get them. Will be bringing our note with us.

Cheryl

Guest BlessedByGreys
Scott and I will be there, along with Rusty, "the wonder puppy".  (He's the newest edition who will be four months on 11/02.)  I believe my DD Kerrie will be there as well.  Don't know about other DD, Kimberly, but she's already posted.

Christine will be there.

Diana, I've got the plaque ordered, and will bring it as well.  Do we want to line her grave with stones, blocks or anything?  If so, let me know, and I will get them.  Will be bringing our note with us.

Cheryl

1716955[/snapback]

Cheryl, It would be sweet to line her grave, I had thought of that also, gryet minds think alike, but will not have room in the car with 2 skin kids, a DH, and 2 fur kids as well as the shovel, rake, plants etc. I bought some red bricks and will see if Dannine has room in her car. If not I will let you know and we will arrange something.

Diana

Edited by BlessedByGreys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlessedByGreys

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still on for the Memorial Service for Honor. It will be at 12 noon and from there we will all go to Stephen F. Austin State Park, which is only 15 minutes away, and have a picnic lunch. I will bring treats for the puppers so I need to know approximately how many will be coming. The dogs must stay on a leash but I think they will all have good time playing together. Please bring whatever you want to eat and drink and bring you children if you want. I will bring frisbee's, balls etc. Anything that anyone else can think of would be appreciated.

I will post directions sometime this week. Please e-mail me with any questions or suggestions. I will also have stationary there for any of you who want to add a note to Honor's Memorial box.

Let me add that the field where Honor is buried has a lot of cockle burrs so please wear shoes with a closed toe. We will clean up the area around her grave and place her cross as well as read a few of the cards and notes sent to me for her.

I have bought a "Greyt" shirt for the Chief of Police to say Thank You for all he has done to help us and just need to buy a gift for the lady who owns the property. If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know.

Diana+