Signature Guidelines

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this picture resized, is it ok? I can't get any of the other pictures to resize for some reason. Annoying!

yeah, that works. Your best bet may be to submit a signature help request ticket. The post is pinned in the Supporter forum. ;)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest GreySibs

No, you need to use the one he sent to you. The image you have linked to from photobucket is over 30k, way too big.

As a supporter, you have an album - upload it to there and link from there

Ok, the photo I linked from photobucket was the one Jeff sent me. I guess they make it bigger ?? :blink: I do don't get this. :)

Ok, I put it in my album and linked it from there. Is ok now?

Edited by GreySibs

WWAAYYY too big!!

They need to be resized or they will be removed.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

WWAAYYY too big!!

They need to be resized or they will be removed.

Thanks,

Is this better? I resized them in photobucket, but I don't know if that is decreasing just the size of the MB too.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

• 4 months later...
Guest LauraS

Please help! I have re-sized my photo but still cannot figure out how to add to my signature. It asks for a URL address and I copy the location of the photo from my desktop. I then get a error message---something like " cannot add from a dynamic source ". What am I doing wrong?

a URL is a Uniform Resource Locator: a protocol for specifying addresses on the Internet.

that means your image needs to be on the internet already, not on your desktop. You will need to use someplace like photobucket to store your image, then link to it.

Guest Dinabird

I don't get this either. I see all these photos with backgrounds but i do not have any idea how to do that. I think it would be a great addition to have a step by step how to somewhere.

If there is one already where is it? Sorry to be a bother.

Guest Dinabird
there are thousands of programs out there for image editing, there is not a feasible way to make a tutorial for that. Select your image editing program, and learn how to use it.

Gee thanks, that is a rather cold reply!

I don't think you get what I am asking - I am asking about the rectangular photos folks have at the end of their posts on this site - they sort of look like a business card and have photos of their dogs and their dogs' names on them.

How do those get made? How do they get on the site? I have photoshop and I can use it but I don't see any instructions in Photoshop for adding a thing like that to this site.

If you were in a bad mood please take a deep breath befor you answer

as not to post another 'cold reply' there are already directions on how to post images here in this forum. After you create your image in photoshop, I guess you should read those directions. Hopefully they will be more to your liking.

Guest poochnme

Hi Jeff,

This is Pooch N Me Cathy I just created a signature banner and wonder how do I upload it or do you do that -- here it is.

Edited to say -- I did it!!!!! It took 5 hours and a lot of help from my friend -- but check it out!!!!

Very cool :rolleyes:

Edited by poochnme

Guest poochnme
but 46k is not within the 15k limit.

Okay -- how am I now? I think it is reduced. I dont understand about all this file size stuff -- but -- I think I did it -- did I???

Cathy