I must be mad

HeyRunDog

Hooray! :D

Guinness passed his physio check yesterday and I pick him up tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I will have him on a 3 to 4 week foster to adopt footing just to make sure he has totally recovered from his injury and he gets on OK with Grace.

If you can't wait to see him here is the link to his page on the adoption agency's website. Once I have officially adopted him the page will be taken down. https://www.greyhoundtrusthallgreen.org.uk/greyhounds-looking-for-homes/home-Guinness-the-greyhound/

And if you are wondering about the Arthur's brew reference in an earlier post it's because Guinness was invented by Arthur Guinness

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

He is a handsome fellow, although I was expecting him to have a white head :D, and I hope he travels better than his namesake. Will you continue with using a crate for him or have you made a space at the other end of the sofa from Grace? Hopefully they will hit it off :goodluck

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

7 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

He is a handsome fellow, although I was expecting him to have a white head :D, and I hope he travels better than his namesake. Will you continue with using a crate for him or have you made a space at the other end of the sofa from Grace? Hopefully they will hit it off :goodluck

I spent a couple of hours yesterday rearranging the furniture to get Grace's old crate out. I'd forgotten how much room a 4 foot crate takes up :D. I will use it until I'm sure the two of them get along when left alone.

I took Grace along on the first meeting. Grace totally ignored him and Guinness, after a couple of sniffs, took no notice of Grace but they walked nicely side by side around the paddock as if they were two old friends who had run out of things to say but happy enough in each others company.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

What a handsome lad :wub:  

Grace may have a few moments of “hey, I liked him ok at the kennel, but I didn’t know he was coming into my home”, or not, :goodluck everything goes smoothly 

edited to add, I never had any problem bringing in a new dog, didn’t mean to scare you.

Edited by Remolacha

He's stunning!!!!  What a beautiful boy!!!

I hope everything goes just exactly right for all involved!!!  :yay

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

What a handsome boy! Good luck to all of you!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Is he home yet?  Is he home yet?

And if you are wondering about the Arthur's brew reference in an earlier post it's because Guinness was invented by Arthur Guinness

I did think it was something related to Camelot and the sword in the stone.  :)  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

15 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Is he home yet?  Is he home yet?

Yes he is :D

Check out Introductions and Biographies.

He is very Handsome... love his heart shaped scar on his nose - a perfect kissy spot!:wub:

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

5 hours ago, SIGreyLady said:

He is very Handsome... love his heart shaped scar on his nose - a perfect kissy spot!:wub:

He says thanks but the scar has disappeared. He's got a scar/mark on his tail, could be stud tail, but I'm not kissing there :D

On 3/8/2022 at 1:22 AM, HeyRunDog said:

He says thanks but the scar has disappeared. He's got a scar/mark on his tail, could be stud tail, but I'm not kissing there :D

:lol:

Was a subscriber in the mid 2000s (the aughts!).  Reactivated in 2021.  What'd I miss?