Need a laugh? This is my vet!

https://www.newsweek.com/vet-hilarious-weekly-sign-corny-pet-jokes-1649218?fbclid=IwAR1Eeya_I9xCJQvMDk5hDEPtH_LfX1BQeYhSVFJSGchUaB5cVfQIxbbtxD4

I've been seeing Dr Martin since 2001. Not only is he an awesome vet, he's a former head of the North Carolina Veterinary Board. Add to that his very dry sense of humor, plus that he has welcomed me sharing greyhound-specific medical info with him. I gave him a copy of the Care of the Retired and Racing Greyhound book and he's got my original "Greyhounds Are Different Medical Reference Card" taped on the clinic refrigerator. When I bring in my dogs with a mystery issue he always quizzes me on what I think it is and gets a big kick out of me being right. 

My first greyhound in 1991, Gracie, was my only one (of my 14 greyhounds) to love wearing a hat. When Gracie wore a hat to her vet appointment, Dr Martin declared that she must henceforth always wear a hat to see him. And so she did.
247908149_3202020080123074_1832209404230257315034_3202020940122988_5089747029838

247888859_3202022786789470_2350761886318250177556_3202019266789822_6304430227649

And with the handsome Dr Martin!
257345970_3202022906789458_8600269239602

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:P  Greyt photos

And you're very lucky to have found and kept an open relationship with an excellent veterinarian.  

I am also blessed to have found and kept fantastic trustworthy vets  - both small and large -who value and listen to my ideas and opinions.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

A good, compassionate vet is a true blessing.  I love our vet now, but I only found her after another refused to listen to me, and, IMO, caused the death of one of my hounds through misdiagnosis. I left that practice immediately and wrote an angry letter to the owner.

I am going to be very depressed when our current vet retires, even though the other vets in the practice are all very good.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

A greyhound walks into a bar.  The bartender says, "Why the long face?" 

I'm here all week and don't forget to tip your server...

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

5 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

A greyhound walks into a bar.  The bartender says, "Why the long face?" 

I'm here all week and don't forget to tip your server...

Although Gracie didn't mind wearing the donation hat, she much preferred dollar bills to quarters plinking on her head.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am very lucky indeed to have 2 great vets. Dr Martin was in with a group with 2 other vets and when the elder partner died, he sold his share to Dr T. He set up a practice about 25 miles from here and he and Dr T have remained close friends. Even better, neither minds if I still see them both. Convenient to keep seeing Dr T and relatively quicker to get in although cheaper to see Dr Martin since he's been giving me a rescue discount since I got my first foster.  Dr T has another vet with her who I refuse to see after she declared that there is no parvo in Spain, despite me telling her the Hada's rescue group recently had 12 parvo puppies brought in. Dr Martin has opened another clinic further away but his vet staff is great and I don't hesitate to book with them if he's not available.

tiny hada siggy.png

Love it!

:D

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Miss Kate could also rock the giraffe ears.  :lol  She inherited hers from Lexie. 

1JSsW3G.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life