Annoying behaviors: divide and conquer

Those of us with more than one hound -- have you noticed how each one has it's own set of irritating behaviors?  It's like they have deliberately chosen their own special ways to give you the full range experience of dog aggravation.  Examples:  Jeter would love to drink from the toilet, while Milo finds snotty used tissues in wastebaskets and shreds them.  Milo goes on an occasional digging/destroying binge of any foam mattress material.  Jeter, on the other paw, likes to pick up and fling pillows and blankets which results in little tears all over them.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Think of how boring (?) life would be if all the roommates displayed alike behaviors. Instead, they give us a buffet of displays :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 3 months later...

Oh, yes, I know how that goes. Our morning walks start with Diva stomping on my toes while I’m getting my shoes on. Followed by Hoku avoiding the slip collar, and finally Buddy (the chihuahua mix) running around under the greyhounds barking like crazy. Whew! Finally out the door hoping I didn’t forget anything while the mayhem was going on. 😉

20 minutes ago, waialua said:

Oh, yes, I know how that goes. Our morning walks start with Diva stomping on my toes while I’m getting my shoes on. Followed by Hoku avoiding the slip collar, and finally Buddy (the chihuahua mix) running around under the greyhounds barking like crazy. Whew! Finally out the door hoping I didn’t forget anything while the mayhem was going on. 😉

:rofl :rofl :rofl 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I figured they really were conspiring to achieve maximum annoyance in the most efficient way, division of labor. Do they have some list of  duties somewhere? “I’ll be the picky eater if you’ll splash all the water out of the bowl & onto the floor.” “Okay and I’ll whine to wake the humans up early if you’ll beg for early bedtime so we get our midnight snacks ASAP.” “Good. Y’all do that & I’ll refuse to go potty at last call but then wake them up at 3 AM because, ‘I really, really need to go out, NOW!’ “

Oddest thing is that when we lost one, another would take over some of the departed’s annoying habits. They really must have a list somewhere. 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, kudzu said:

I figured they really were conspiring to achieve maximum annoyance in the most efficient way, division of labor. Do they have some list of  duties somewhere? “I’ll be the picky eater if you’ll splash all the water out of the bowl & onto the floor.” “Okay and I’ll whine to wake the humans up early if you’ll beg for early bedtime so we get our midnight snacks ASAP.” “Good. Y’all do that & I’ll refuse to go potty at last call but then wake them up at 3 AM because, ‘I really, really need to go out, NOW!’ “

Oddest thing is that when we lost one, another would take over some of the departed’s annoying habits. They really must have a list somewhere. 

Oh, there is definitely a list! :lol