The Yellow Fluffy Duck

It's so fluffy!!!

(This is to distract me a bit.)

Years ago, Joey got into the habit of nosing through the grocery bags as they sat on the couch before sorting and storing things. This was because often there would be a squeeky toy among the groceries. And he's a hound.

I am pleased to be the great-uncle to two beautiful wee sprogs, named Finley and Keegan. We were going up to visit my brother for Easter with the kids, so Mary got a huge fluffy toy for each of them. The kind that are as big or bigger then the kid themselves.

Well, she brought them home and plopped the bags on the couch for sorting where Joey immediately started his investigation, shoving that needle nose deep into each bag and gently trying to extract the fluffy toys. We got him to stop, but he just kept going back, investigating each bag until finally Mary said he wasn't going to stop so she was going to get him his own fluffy toy. And so she did.

It was a great, yellow, fluffy duck with orange feet and bill. Yuge, it was. Joey immediately went to the bag, sniffing excitedly, getting that snout into the shopping bag just as far as it would go. He then got the duck out of the bag, tossed it in his mouth a few times, biting here and there looking for the squeeker. Alas, there was no squeeker. So he dropped it on his great, fluffy hound bed and plopped himself down on top of it. Then, with ears up, he sighed happily and settled down for a quick nap.

Since then, it has been his pillow.

Fluffy duck has since resided at one end of Joey's bed. When he stretches out on his bed he snuggles his head deep into the fluff and snoozes happily with full-blown ETS. He doesn't even care that there was no squeeker.

Greyhounds. They do love their comfort. :gh_face

"To leave the world a somewhat better place than it was when you came into it."

Where are the photos?

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Awwwwww......

And yes! We need pictures...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

No proof it happened without a couple pix--it's the rulz!

*waves hi*

:rules:digicam

We absolutely need to see Joey and Big Fluffy Duck! :heart

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

A lovely warm thought which I myownself need. Ambient air temp is -21 and wind chill -52! Where's a big fluffy duck when a person needs one? *looks at her lapful or kittehs* ok. Never mind. 😎

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Hello everyone, very pleased you enjoyed that little tail tale. Heh.

Yes, I have pics. Probably vids, too. And I do wish to share them.

But I are slow. Slower than molasses flowing uphill in a polar vortex. One too many knocks to the noggin, I fear.

I used to use Photobucket, but have been advised that they now want significant dollars to link or share photos.

Someone recommended Flikr or Imgur. Don't know what Flikr is. Went to check out Imgur and came to six months later with 1, 368,221 bookmarks of puppies, dogs, cats, animals, and a load of other stuff. Never did create an account or figure out how to do so.

Got a Youtube account, I think, haven't yet figured out how to get vids on. Even with step-by-step instruction, I get lost and frustrated. Very much so, as I used to have vids up there.

Don't have a smartphone, mine is of average intelligence and I only learned texting a short while back. No facebook, twitter, nothing.

Used to know how to do posting stuff here, but times have changed and I can't concentrate as I used to.

So I'm still trying to figure out how to do this.

Many apologies, advice & guidance very welcome. :whisper

"To leave the world a somewhat better place than it was when you came into it."

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use Photobucket, but have been advised that they now want significant dollars to link or share photos.

Yeah, they're pretty much :censored now.

We use Facebook to "host".

Post your photo to FB. You can make it visible to only you if you want. In FB, open the picture. Right click on it and copy. Come back to greytalk and ctrl-c to paste. Easy peasy.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound