Osteo

I just got back from the vet with Pogo. He is limping on his right front leg and it is swollen just above the wrist. The xray shows a strong indication of a hole in the bone just above his wrist. I just sent an email to Dr. Couto's consulting group. How long does it usually take to get a reply?

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

That really sucks. It's been my experience that Dr. Couto usually responds within a day or so. Good luck.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Even if he is travelling, he usually responds quite quickly.

{{{hugs}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am sorry to read of Pogo's diagnosis. Dr C. Usually responds quickly and there are options.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did hear from Dr. Couto. Once we get chest xrays on Pogo on Monday, we will send them off to Dr. Couto.

Thanks

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Just some hugs for you and your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just updating. I feel like I am in "hurry up and wait" mode. Our local vet currently does not have a digital imaging x-ray machine. They will be purchasing one in the near future. That being said, the vet called this morning to let me know that a rep was coming in tomorrow with a demo model tomorrow, so chest x-rays will be done tomorrow and the leg will be x-rayed again using the demo model so all x-rays can me emailed to Dr. Couto.

If Pogo is good to go for amputation, we will be having it done at UW Madison vet school which is about 150 miles south of our home.

Pogo is on Rimadyl and it is helping his pain.

Annette

Good luck with this. BTW, with Loca, we didn't have digital X-rays so my vet sent them to Dr. Couto via overnight delivery.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Update: Pogo's x-rays and blood work are on their way to Dr. Couto today. His blood work appeared normal. Local vet unsure about the chest x-rays. There is one suspicious spot. His leg still looks the same. Don't know if there would normally be a difference this quickly. Have an appointment at UW Madison Clinic on Tuesday.

Hate all this waiting.

He has only been part of our family since September 20th of last year. Before we picked him up in Milwaukee that afternoon we had our 20 year old Lefty kitty pts. Pogo was in a home for 2 years (I believe) when the people who posed as his human family gave both him and his husky sibling up. Their reason for returning Pogo - he was too needy :POed

It's hard waiting for a definitive answer. I really want this to be over.

Annette

I was just going to say what TBHounds said. Rimadyl is not enough for the pain of osteo. And I have to wonder if his former "family" hadn't already been given the diagnosis. Seems suspicious.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Just another update.

Heard back from Dr. Couto.

He confirmed a primary bone lesion, it has not spread to his lungs and his alkaline phosphates are normal.

Our appointment is on Tuesday at UW-Madison. By pure coincidence, his son is doing his externship there and may stop by if he is able.

Edited by Annette