Henry = Most Accident Prone Dog Ever

Hen had to go to the e-vet yesterday after we came home and found a huge 2-3 inch gas under his foot. It was absolutely gushing blood. I'd never seen anything like it. Four hours and $800 later, he was nice and loopy and stitched up. Then, in the car on the way home, he quietly peed himself and got the new dressing all soaked. I called back to the clinic, and the conversation went something like this...

"Did you guys spray something on his dressing? We just got home, and it's soaking wet..."

"Um, no... that's weird. Did he pee on it?"

"No, he couldn't have... wait... yeah, he did."

I spent the rest of the night re-wrapping his foot, washing bedding, spraying my car out, and steam cleaning blood off the carpets.

Good thing he's worth it. :inlove

Cody sliced the large pad on a front foot once in the yard - never found what she cut it on!! That took a few stitches too!

Hope it heals up fast!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Goodness, that sounds like a rough night for both of you. Take it easy, Henry!

GjNXbWW.jpg

Lucas Larf Laserman, the greyhound formerly known as U Too Isaiah: 9/26/05 - 9/3/16 ~ Gotcha: 6/24/09

Zelda Zipper Honeybee, the greyhound formerly known as Lee Vonda: 8/26/04 - 8/19/18 ~ Gotcha: 12/7/14

Yikes! Poor Henry and poor you!

I can remember coming home from school one day to discover that our greyhound had somehow cut his foot. He must have trotted around every room in the house, the place looked like a crime scene. The clean-up was not fun, so I feel for you there.

I hope Henry heals well!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

when you say under his foot, what exactly do you mean? front pastern? under the foot- pad? pics please- when you do your next bandage change. if it's the pastern that hurts- felix skinned his down to the tendons, not nice- the entire paw blew up. dissolving stitches? if not they get very itchy- BFI foot powder helps w/ the itch. but that's near the end of the healing process when they are ready to rip their paw off! oy....that's all i can say. invest in vet wrap.

Poor Henry. I hope he heals quickly.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sorry to hear it, Alicia! We've dealt with a lot of cut paws, and they always seem to bleed for the littlest things, but neither pup seems to be a full-on gusher. Counting my blessings...

Drew and occasionally DW Melody, with Rosie (AMF Ready Made) and Marvin (Bella Riddick) in Louisville. Forever missing Brooks (KC Bastone) and Kali (Swish).

Sorry to hear it, Alicia! We've dealt with a lot of cut paws, and they always seem to bleed for the littlest things, but neither pup seems to be a full-on gusher. Counting my blessings...

Thanks for your sympathies, LOL. :)

He's doing alright now... other than the fact that he's walking like a spaceman from having his only back leg bandaged.