Natures Domain Salmon And Sweet Potatoes

Ruby has been on Natures Domain food from Costco for a couple of years with no problems. Initially she had a little gas, but it went away quickly and life has smelled pretty pleasant. Last week we opened a new bag and Ruby is farting us out of house and home !!! Tonight I counted 8 stink bombs between 6 and 10 PM. So disgusting that I had to spray the house and plug in a Scentsy burner. It is awful and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Could it be they changed the formula ? Got a bad batch ? UGH.........I don't think I can handle it much longer and it is 28 degrees tonight and I can't leave the windows open. Not a single thing changed in our house, no new stress for her, no new treats.

I know I can add some yogurt to help out, but wondering if I need to try another brand ?

Ideas ?

Karen

Trolley started eating less of it several months ago. I thought maybe she was bored with it, so I switched to Call of the Wild & she's now a chow hound again. Maybe they did change something.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Guest grey_dreams

With such a strong reaction, I would be reluctant to continue feeding that, because it obviously does not agree with her. As much as it is bothering you, consider how her guts must feel. They can and do change ingredients all the time, and I'm sorry that it seems that's what happened. For her health, please feed something that will agree with her. Hopefully they will let you return the bag and get a refund.

Trolley started eating less of it several months ago. I thought maybe she was bored with it, so I switched to Call of the Wild & she's now a chow hound again. Maybe they did change something.

Interesting - we feed ND Turkey and Sweet Potato and he has recently started eating less of it.

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

My girls used to eat that and one time (about a year ago?) I opened a new bag and Sallie immediately started having bad gas and soft poop. Molly was unaffected :dunno I quit feeding it and switched to something else. Later I went back to it with a different "batch" and both girls were fine, so I think there was something in that batch that didn't agree with Sallie. I would stop feeding it and switch to another brand, at least for awhile.

We feed IAMS from Sam's Club, and once we did get a bad batch. Bags can get wet or damaged during the shipping process, which I think is what happened to us. I called IAMS, and they sent us a voucher for a free bag. Sam's Club replaced tainted one for our trouble.

We switched to the ND Beef version. All the dogs seem to really like that. Oddly enough, before that their favorite was the Kirklands Weight Management one.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest shanesmom

I had a bad bag of Iams from Costco once. As soon as I started feeding it to Ace he had terrible diarrhea. I took it back and they refunded me.

Guest grey_dreams

Just started having GI problems but only with Abe. Akon seems fine. I just heard back that there have been no formular changes.

It doesn't have to be a formula change, but they can source the same ingredients from different suppliers, or their suppliers can source the raw materials from different manufacturers. They don't have to report any changes to the food, because the basic ingredients will still be the same, but in actual fact, everything can be very different.

OK, sounds like I need to find something else. Had a lot of trouble in the beginning with a food that didn't upset her tummy and thought we had finally found it. The food smells the same, the bag looks dry, and I know Costco will take it back. She is allergic to beef so I can't switch her to that one.

Any ideas of what might be very similar ? Is it too rough to switch her to buffalo, venison, or other meats quickly ?

Thanks for all your help.

Karen

Have you tried Proplan sensitive skin sensitive stomach with salmon and rice? Nike alternates betweeen that and ND salmon sweet potatoes with no trouble. Maybe that would work for Ruby.

Have you tried Proplan sensitive skin sensitive stomach with salmon and rice? Nike alternates betweeen that and ND salmon sweet potatoes with no trouble. Maybe that would work for Ruby.

I have never heard of this one but will look for it. Do you buy it in a pet store or grocery ?

Karen

The ND food at Costco is the exact same food as Diamond Naturals Grain-Free.

Both are SIMILAR to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream, but, TOTW has more protein that comes from actual MEAT sources. Mine do better on TOTW than on the Diamond Naturals.

PS TOTW is also made by Diamond Pet Foods.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

We tried TOTW a year or so ago and did not have good luck with it.

I ordered a large bag of ProPlan Sensitive from Amazon.com and it was only $38 for the bag, which I thought was really reasonable. Sure hope it works for her. We are under about 7" of snow and where I live this never happens so I didn't want to wander the streets. Amazon to the rescue and free shipping in 2 days. Fingers crossed.

Karen

Has she been tested for worms recently? Are you sure she didn't get into something? Has she eaten any poop in the yard?

Yes, she just had her physical in January and luckily, she is not a poo eater. She hasn't been anywhere either other than around our blocks here and she doesn't stop to sniff, pee or poo. She does all that stuff in our backyard.

ProPlan Sensitive should be here today. Anxious to see if it helps.

Karen