Possibly Ate Part Of A Plastic Bowl

We went to my in-laws' for Thanksgiving dinner: left a little after 2 pm and returned 15 minutes ago. Found a small (6" across) clear plastic bowl that we use to give a little milk to the cats (up on the table) had been stolen and chewed into little tiny bits. Little tiny sharp bits. Looks like 30-50% of the bowl is missing.

There was some blood on the plastic. I do not know which of the three hounds did the eating. All three are occasionally goat-hounds and possible culprits. Do I just pray? Hope that the pieces that got eaten were really crunched up? I do not want to make them vomit, as the pieces could do as much damage coming up as going down. Give them bread? Feed a regular dinner? I'd liken this to crunching up a hard plastic ornament.

Advice appreciated.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

I wouldn't induce vomiting for exactly the reason you mentioned.

The blood may well be from where they chewed at it - JJ has done that chewing a variety of items. I was unsure last week if JJ had eaten ceramic slivers from a bowl that broke. The vet for EZ happened to be at the house and I asked her....she said to watch closely for any dark blood in the stool. She said if a saw a little bright red with otherwise normal poop, I shouldn't worry unless it was excessive - but if the blood was darker than I needed further veterinary care.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest DeniseL

I would feed bread and observe carefully over the next few days....miami has eaten and passed plastic pieces before and even glass shards, but every situation is very different.

Yep, bread. And extra food. I like to feed extra food to push things through a bit quicker. The bread will help coat any sharp edges.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

The standard for pointy things here has been bread. 5-6 slices works great. We did that when Battle countersurfed and then munched on a package of sewing needles and i could not account for all of the needles. (We were short two, but I htought the package was new). The X-rays showed a nicely outlined stomach full of bread. Honestly it was the most beautiful Xray I had seen, one because there were no needles in any of the Xrays and two, you could see his digestive anatomy perfectly because of all of the bread. :-P That will teach me no not decide to sew up the dropped hem on a pair of dress pants at the last minute. We dropped him off at the e-vet and then brought him to the wedding we were going to. Lol!

Thanks for the replies!

So far, nothing amiss: I am hoping that the missing portion was crunched up so fine it will never be seen, or hidden somewhere. It was a clear bowl so pieces will be hard to see in output but I have already seen the seeds from the hamburger buns that followed.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

You've already seen the burger bun seeds, otherwise I would suggest a little bit of corn. Corn in/corn out gives you a time frame for travel through the system.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You've already seen the burger bun seeds, otherwise I would suggest a little bit of corn. Corn in/corn out gives you a time frame for travel through the system.

I love this idea! So smart.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)