Fresh Factors Question

Guest bennysdad

Guest bennysdad

I've noticed many of you supplement with Fresh Factors and I was wondering if any of your greys experienced weight gain from the product. I know that bee pollen can contribute to weight gain and is one of the ingredients. Also after visiting Springtime's web site, looking at the testimonial pictures, most of the dogs look to be very overweight.

I'm guessing this has not been an issue since most of you have experienced great results.

I am considering trying it with my boy but I am very happy with his weight and was curious if any of you needed to adjust food amounts due to Fresh Factors.

Thanks!

My Wink (14) has been on Fresh Factors for 6 months now. She is elderly so my input may have no impact on the weight issue. She has not gained any weight and takes the maximum dose.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest bennysdad

Perfect, thank you all for the feedback! Putting my order in today. Any dosage advice? My Benny is 4yrs old and 74lbs. I was thinking of just doing two tablets per day, one am meal/one pm meal. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Just curious if you do not mind, why does your 4 year old dog need fresh factors? I started giving mine some when she had back end weakness and some difficulty going up the stairs. I gave her 2 for awhile, just dropped both in with breakfast- she gobbled them up. I have upped it to 3-4 as she will be 13 soon.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest bennysdad

Just to contribute to his health. He has absolutely no health issues to date, but he was retired after breaking his leg. I was thinking it would be beneficial to start him on a low dose and increase as he ages to hopefully help prevent possible issues before they start.

Just to contribute to his health. He has absolutely no health issues to date, but he was retired after breaking his leg. I was thinking it would be beneficial to start him on a low dose and increase as he ages to hopefully help prevent possible issues before they start.

My girls aren't really having any joint problems at 10 :goodluck, but I started them both on Fresh Factors a few months ago as sort of a preventative and with hope that it would improve Carly's coat which has never looked as good as I thought it should. Both girls have beautiful coasts now and Carly's horrific shedding has decreased. I'd been giving them coconut oil with good results, but the Fresh Factors gave them a gloss I'd not seen in years. My girls get 4 a day (two at each meal).

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I give my two greyhounds 2 Fresh Factors and 3 of the Joint Health each night. No weight gain, I just think a large percentage of dogs in the US are over weight. My vet said that from what he has been reading that it is a good idea to start joint supplements at 2 years old regardless how much or little they raced. Can help prevent future issues.

I love these supplements. Want to give my hounds every advantage in good health that I can.

Guest bennysdad

Thanks lukasmom, I appreciate the advice. I feel the same way... just want to give him all the best for a healthy life. My vet said basically the same thing, that it is better to begin giving a supplement prior to any issues vs. waiting until the issues present themselves. I will definitely give FF and Joint Health a try.

I have given Fresh Factors and Joint Health to all of my dogs over the past eight/nine years. My seniors 9 and almost 13 get four of each a day and my 5 yr old gets two of each a day. No weigh gain, beautiful coats and increased mobility in the oldest one.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Thanks lukasmom, I appreciate the advice. I feel the same way... just want to give him all the best for a healthy life. My vet said basically the same thing, that it is better to begin giving a supplement prior to any issues vs. waiting until the issues present themselves. I will definitely give FF and Joint Health a try.

I also give my hounds a table spoon of coconut oil every night after dinner. I get mine from Trader Joe's. Start off slowly with a 1/4 teaspoon for 10 days, then 1/2 a teaspoon for 10 days, then a teaspoon for 10 days and then a tablespoon. Doing it too quickly can give them loose stools. It has many health benefits. Check out Whole Dog Journal and search coconut oil. They love it and I figure it is another realively inexpensive thing I can do for them.

I also give my hounds a table spoon of coconut oil every night after dinner. I get mine from Trader Joe's. Start off slowly with a 1/4 teaspoon for 10 days, then 1/2 a teaspoon for 10 days, then a teaspoon for 10 days and then a tablespoon. Doing it too quickly can give them loose stools. It has many health benefits. Check out Whole Dog Journal and search coconut oil. They love it and I figure it is another realively inexpensive thing I can do for them.

Here's a WDJ article about coconut oil: http://www.cocotherapy.com/wdj_coconut_oil_article.pdf

Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Used FF's and other Springtime prods for eons on boo coos of dogs of many breeds. Never seen any weight gain associated with them.

Most people just feed their dogs too much. They don't realize they are shortening their dogs' lives(assuming the studies that say that are correct.)

I consider FF's to be a miracle "drug". I've seen it do amazing things lol.

(Its not a drug, it just works better than most of them!)

Edited by racindog

This is the first I heard about Fresh Factors. I give Piper 4 capsules of Fish Oil a day. I'd still like to give the fish oil so would fresh factors be overkill? Piper is only 5.

Nope. They different things. Mine get both; in fact Momma gets several different supplements. I think once you see the brighter eyes and overall condition improvements from FF's you'll become a regular user like the rest of us lol.

I'd forgotten all about Springtime so thank you for this thread. Seamus (13.3 y.o.) just got started on Fresh Factors :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

How much should I be giving? Piper is about 65 lbs and just turned 5. Her coat is already awesome and doesn't seem to have any adverse affects.

Per the label:

Good: One tab per 40 lbs. body weight daily

Better: Two tabs per 40 lbs. body weight daily

Best: Three tabs per 40 lbs body weight daily

I just placed my first order for Springtime products this morning. I got the combo pack of Fresh Factors and Joint Health Chewables. I'm hoping Nadir won't have a problem with the FF bothering his stomach and I figure at 9yo its a good time to start Chase on something for his joints before problems start. I hope these products work for us as good as everyone says.

They work-especially FF's! I also use the Advanced Joint Health's that have bosweillia because that is good too and some of my dogs get Longevity. The FF's all dogs I have ever had love. The Adv Joints, the tabs are significantly harder and some of my dogs don't like that and will refuse the tabs when whole. Therefore I break the tabs into fourths or even sixths and then give it to them and they like it then. Sometimes I'll put it in their food after I break them up too. The tabs are scored so you can do it easily.