Need Some Positive Thoughts For Ronon

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

Ronon has been limping on and off for the past 6 weeks. I at first thought it was a pulled muscle. I had checked him from the bottom of his foot, toes, inbetween the toes, and all the up the leg and hip, spine, etc. and found nothing.

Gave him Rimadyl for a few days and he seemed fine. Kept him from running for about 2 weeks and he was doing good, gate was a little off, but I thought I was just being paranoid.

He went to my Grannys and ran around like a maniac. No limping other than he stepped on a cactus and I had to pull it out. Then yesterday we go hiking. I wasn't feeling well, so we didn't walk far. Ronon stayed right beside me, no running at all. He came home and went straight to my room and got in bed and stayed there until supper time. He got up and was not using his back leg at all. So I go thru the whole procedure of checking it again. There is a boney enlargement on the side of his foot. It wasn't there 2 weeks ago. So I already had an appt. Tuesday for Pongo, Jack and Casper and I called and they will see Ronon too. I can't seem to stop crying. I have a few Rimadyls left and some tramadol until then as he seems to be really sore. I hope it may be something else, but I tend to go directly to the most negative, combined with his age, he is 7, will be 8 in August and my past experience with limping Greyhounds of that age.

Tons of positive, "It's nothing major," thoughts for you and Ronon.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Can they see him sooner for some xrays? Is it his foot or wrist? Maybe it's just a broken bone that hasn't healed right. It's easy to head for the worst case scenario but given his activity level, it could well be something else. Thinking good thoughts.....

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Good thoughts...

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest WhiteWave

I am hoping he just fractured something. It is on the side of his foot running up from his toes before his hock, about 1/2 way inbetween the bottom of his foot and his hock. I have to work and the vets office hours and my work hours are the same so it will have to wait till Tuesday morning.

sending good thoughts! :hope :Hope

is it possible there's a foreign object in there, like from the cactus?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Jacks_Human
I am hoping he just fractured something. It is on the side of his foot running up from his toes before his hock, about 1/2 way inbetween the bottom of his foot and his hock. I have to work and the vets office hours and my work hours are the same so it will have to wait till Tuesday morning.

Sending good thoughts.

sending good thoughts! :hope :hope

is it possible there's a foreign object in there, like from the cactus?

Good point-- one can get some really nasty cysts from that, and they can seem quite hard. One of my parents' dogs got one from a foxtail, and my dad had one from an injury that had to be removed.

Repeat after me...It's nothing...it's nothing...it's nothing. Ronon :kiss2:hope

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

:hope

Probably not a break.... I think he'd be in a lot more pain and unable to bear any weight.

But if you really think it's a break, you should get him in NOW.

But an abcess is very painful and could make a lump.

Is the lump painful to palpate?

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Good thoughts for Ronon. I really hope it's nothing serious.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest WhiteWave

It is not an access. It is boney growth not very large. I doubt it is broken. If it was he couldn't have run like did last Sunday. He left Joey so far behind he didn't catch up until Ronon stopped running. He was limping like this 2 weeks prior to that but at that time the "growth" wasn't there.

It is not an access. It is boney growth not very large. I doubt it is broken. If it was he couldn't have run like did last Sunday. He left Joey so far behind he didn't catch up until Ronon stopped running. He was limping like this 2 weeks prior to that but at that time the "growth" wasn't there.

that is scary :( :( :( sending more hugs. Wish you could get in earlier :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:candle:hope:candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest WhiteWave

He is walking on it some tonight. I'm hoping maybe he just injured himself being so active. I had one foster Greyhound that I took for xrays b/c she got a boney growth on her front legs and it was from her bouncing so much and the tendon constantly rubbing the bone is had calcium growth. Vet took me back and blew the xrays up and zoomed in on the spot so I could see that it was not cancer.

I am trying to be more positive, but after losing 3 to the O word, my mind automatically goes there. But last week I thought he had spinal stenosis! He is really sore in the his pelvic area too. If you run your fingers down his spine and once you get to his hip/pelvic area, he will drop to the ground if you put any pressure on it. I am thinking if his limping is something treatable, I will try a chiropractor. Only reason I hesitate is he really freaks out when anyone but me is handling him. So someone working on his back may cause more harm than good. The chiropractor really helped Linus.

But I've been upset all week anyways. Casper's tumors are back and his back end is giving out. He has hip dysplasia and knee caps pops in and out of place. Pongo is coughing more at night even after they increased his Lasix dosage. He has CHF. Vet says there is a new "miracle" drug out for it, but it is out of my budget, even for a 20lb dog. Which that makes me feel like a failure, but I can't afford and extra $150-200 a month every month right now.

So I feel like I'm losing 3 dogs all at once and not so sure how I can deal with that. They are pretty much my whole life.

Sending prayers and good thoughts. My mind always goes right to the worst place too for my people and my hounds. I know it is a waste of energy, but I worry always about something happening to those I love. Try not to torture yourself.

Theresa (Tess)

Mom to Elliott (Sol Flasher) and Lea (PTL Lea)