Gus (Deco Viper) Is Gone.....

Guest AmberGusDad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not remember the story of Gus, but it's clear you had a strong bond. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I do not know the story about Gus, but I do know how it feels to lose one and feel like I wish I could have done something more. It sounds like you did everything right for him. I'm sorry for your loss.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it means to lose your heart and soul, my Zuki left two months ago. I hope Gus will send you some signs soon, or visit you in your dreams, and ease your pain. The love you shared will always be there.

Dear sweet Gus, letting you go was one of the most painful and difficult decisions I have had to make in a very long time. It pained me so much to say good bye to you and I can only hope and pray that I made the right choice.

A little over 8 years ago my BFF and I set out on a quest to try and rescue this aloof, and that is putting it mildly, feral greyhound in a remote little town in northwest Texas.. We had a lot of advice from greytalk, some good and some not so good. There were some who even said we couldn't do it. There were those who felt the need to tell us evverything we were doing wrong....and they were probably right. You caame close to driving me crazy :flip . However, we would not give up. We stuck to it and after almost 10 months we captured the "amazing Gus". I saved you once, I only wish I could have saved you again.

Gus, you are a very special boy and you brought so much pleasure and joy to a great many people. You brought people from all over the country together in order to help you find your forever home. Because of you, I was able to make friends with Kathy (RIP dear friend), Ed, Mike and so many others. What a very special greyhound you were and always will be in our hearts. I hasten to guess that no other greyhound in greytalk history has garnered so much attention on the amber thread. You will always hold a very pecial place in my heart and I hope you knew how much I loved you. :beatheart

Run free sweet boy and I hope Calli and Katie find you and show you the ropes.

I love you,

Mom

XOXOXOXOXOXO :beatheart

I want, so badly, to find Gus' thread in the GAA section, but I can't. I can usually find it to share it for newbies, but I haven't been able to. I want people to know how hard you all worked to find him [Let me rephrase that--CAPTURE him.], and how Ed helped from PA, and fell in love with this boy from afar.

To Ed, Diane, Diana, Michael, and everyone in Texas and elsewhere who were involved in Gus' capture, my deepest sympathies. You all brought me here to GT and to volunteering on Amber Alerts. I will hang fliers in Allentown tomorrow in honor and memory of Gus.

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Here is the thread about Gus--all 42 pages of it. Thanks to the person who found it.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=78175

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

• 1 month later...
Guest Daffytoons

I read every word of Gus' capture and waited every day for any news. So sorry to hear that Gus has passed. :( I'm sure he had the best life that any greyhound could with Ed, and his memory will live on. Fly free, sweet Gus!

I am so sorry for the loss of your Gus.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry, Ed. :cry1:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I am shocked and very sad to read of Gus's passing Ed :( Those of us that have been on GT for a long time remember all to well his gut wrenching story of finally being captured and most of all how you made a promise to him and kept it. I know what it feels like to say you feel as though you failed a pup. I am so sorry for your loss.

I don't think many here on GT know that it was because of you and Michael McCan the Greyhound Amber Alert was born. Just think how many hounds were saved because of it. For that I thank you!

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

I doubt you failed him. I suspect you were his everything.

Absolutely. When I met you, it was obvious you two were meant for each other. My heart hurts for you.

I am shocked and very sad to read of Gus's passing Ed :( Those of us that have been on GT for a long time remember all to well his gut wrenching story of finally being captured and most of all how you made a promise to him and kept it. I know what it feels like to say you feel as though you failed a pup. I am so sorry for your loss.

I don't think many here on GT know that it was because of you and Michael McCan the Greyhound Amber Alert was born. Just think how many hounds were saved because of it. For that I thank you!

Amen!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I'm so very sorry Ed. :f_yellow

I too still have my Gus magnet on my fridge. It reminds me that nothing is impossible. I remember very clearly where I was when I heard Gus had been captured.

Godspeed Gus run forever free :gh_runner

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.