Hailey Jane - September 28, 2004 – January 18, 2013

JerseyGirlInOz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pictures of Hailey with her family are heartbreakingly beautiful, and have left me in tears. It's clear that she was very loved, and she was so generous with the love and joy that she returned. Thank-you for sharing some of Hailey's magic with us through the pictures and your incredible tribute.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Hailey.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Yeah, bawling now. A perfect tribute to your beautiful girl. I wish that I could somehow taken away even a small bit of your pain. If nothing else, know that I know what you are going through and am available anytime you need to just vent, or share a funny story, or anything that might help. I am often awake when most of the "normal" US folks are sound asleep. ;)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Yeah, bawling now. A perfect tribute to your beautiful girl. I wish that I could somehow taken away even a small bit of your pain. If nothing else, know that I know what you are going through and am available anytime you need to just vent, or share a funny story, or anything that might help. I am often awake when most of the "normal" US folks are sound asleep. ;)

Jen, I am so grateful for the info and support I got from you during Hailey's illness. The extra quality time I had with her was such a gift and I am grateful to everyone here who shared their knowledge and helped keep her going :grouphug.

And I am so glad you got to meet her and see first-hand how very cool she was :)

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest FawnFan

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss of sweet Hailey. Thank you for opening your heart and your home to this sweet rambunctious puppy. And more importantly, thank you for loving her unconditionally and providing her with her forever home.

Your tribute to her is beautiful and like the others have said, your pictures and your words provide us with a lovely glimpse into the great greyhound she was.

Again I'm truly sorry for your loss. Run free dear sweet girl run free.

My deepest condolences to your family. I cannot think of any better adjectives not already stated here to describe your tribute and the pictures. And I didn't want your tribute to end, it was just mesmerizing.

May you soon be smiling through your tears as you remember more memories.

She was certainly one in a million! Too young.......................way too young. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She was tremendously lucky to have been loved by all of you, and you were tremendously lucky to have been loved by Hailey.

I had to laugh at your description of her running for office and torpedoing unsuspecting guests. I could picture her perfectly.

Wish you could have had many more years together. There were a lot more good times to be had. She sounds like a cross between canine rock star and the Dalai Lama.

I said this about Tiny when he died, and it sounds like it's true for Hailey. She achieved perfection, and maybe that's why she had to go.

:bighug

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

She sounds like a cross between canine rock star and the Dalai Lama.

I said this about Tiny when he died, and it sounds like it's true for Hailey. She achieved perfection, and maybe that's why she had to go.

:bighug

I'm not sure about the Dali Lama, but she was definitely a Rock Star :lol

It warms my heart to hear you put her in a category with Tiny. I love his story, and your post about your "conversation" with him back when he first came to live with you was one of the most hilarious things I have ever read on GT. He stole my heart from the get-go :beatheart

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I am so sorry about your Hailey. What a beautiful tribute...and a wonderful life...

Hugs to you and your family...

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

• 4 weeks later...

When I was going through photos of Hailey I found this video---it made me smile (and cry), and I just had to share it:

th_MVI_0570_zps6a593271.jpg

I miss that crazy little girl so very much sigh.gif

Edited by JerseyGirlInOz

She was having a grand time, wasn't she? :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I couldn't view the video for some reason, but I know how much your heart must still hurt. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown