Bella Is Vomiting And Seems Listless

Yesterday, Bella ate nothing - not even a single cookie. As the day went on, she got more and more listless and just laid in her bed. By evening, she would not even get up to go out. This morning, she was the same. She went out once this afternoon about noon time and just urinated and slowly walked around a little bit. She normally runs and loves her outside ventures. She laid in the bed again and just stayed there. She is panting a little bit on and off. During the course of today, she has vomited up small amounts of yellow/green liquid several times. She has had a few drinks of water, however, but moving slowly. She just looks like she feels bad.

Poor baby.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I advise a vet visit ASAP. Even an ER, if necessary. Lethargic greyhounds usually are sick greyhounds.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I have to agree. If she's not been eating, drinking very little and not moving I get her there ASAP.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I agree too. It almost sounds like she has a case of the flu.

Can dogs get the flu?

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

In the past, I had a dog who ended up having pancreatitis with similiar symptoms (it could be a number of things, but that was just my experience). Listlessness, and panting also indicate pain. Hope you got her into the vet!

Hi there. Hope Bella feels better soon.

This may be totally unrelated and not Bella's issues but I also share this for others ...

Not sure how old Bella is? but fyi - one morning my (angel) Holly, 12, threw up three times within one hour after breakfast. No prior warning, no previous incidents.

After a $1700 weekend of vet and ER visits, she was dx'd with protein losing nephropathy (kidney) and a duodenal ulcer (kidney-related).

I agree - could very well be pancreatic or liver issue. Dietary issue?

Hugs to you and sweet Bella ...

Edited by IndyandHollyluv

Went to vet just as I got done posting my thread and hope prayers went up. Vet did blood work - Bella is in kidney failure!!!!! Just got home from e-vet. She will be on saline fluids for 24 hours and the same blood work will be done again. If there is no improvement, it will be a bad situation. Her numbers were very bad. My vet said she has about a 50/50 chance as far as she could see. The e-vet will run bood tests tomorrow evening and we will go from there. There is so much information I could put up, but I am so very tired. I cannot stop crying!! Not my little Bella. I kept telling her to stay with me for years to come. After Angel died (exactly a year ago!), I really needed my Bella.

This e-vet is a real bull dozer and we really had to make sure she was going to administer the same process that our vet prescribed as they talked on the phone; however, when she got us in the room, she was going a mile per minute throwing all these extra suggessitons, extra tests that were just unecessary and my husband had to put the breaks on her. I remembered that she was the same one we had conflicts a year ago with Angel. I hope she is sweeter with the animals then she is with the people.

Please PRAY for a miracle - let's go for a real MIRACLE!! Will you all please pray for Bella? Thank you so much!!!

Oh my word. Prayers for your little girl and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry to see this. I will be praying for your girl (and you).

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Thank you all for your prayers!

I just called e-vet and the vet tech has been just wonderful - the sweetest girl with a whole lot of compassion who is checking my girl every 1 hour to 1/2 hour. Well, Bella has been sleeping soundly through the night and at one point got up and wagged her tail to go out. Went out to explore, but only urinated a couple of drops.

Even though she was only 5% dehydrated, she is not urinating. She is still not eaating. Today will be the third day with no food in her. Although they really want to rule out a kidney infection because her white blood count is good and she is only slightly dehydrated, they are still administering antibiotic for kidney infection in case they do miss something - the way to test for infection is from the uring. But when there is no uring, there is no test.

Please keep praying for a miracle and that she will be healed from kidney failure and will be well again!