Beau Is Flaring

Beau woke me to go out to poop every 45 minutes to an hour round the clock last night. When he squatted to poop, he SCREAMED out in pain. I gave him a pepcid at 11pm last night and brought him into the our vet who as ER hours today. He is flaring.

He got a shot and we are keeping him NPO today. Tomorrow we start Flagyl 500 2x a day for 5 days.

Anyone who remembers what we went through with our Beau Beau in 2009 when diagnosed and when initially treated knows this was a nightmare.

Please keep Beau in your thoughts and prayers.

I am flipping.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Hope he rebounds quickly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh how I know all about the fllairs-- lets hope it's just a minor bump for Beau. Did he eat something he shouldn't have??

We are pretty vigilant. Have we gotten a little relaxed? Maybe. There are 5 other dogs in the house and I can only guess that there is always a possibility that he got something he shouldnt have when we didn't see. But we dont know.

Very frightening.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Awwwwwww...por Beau. Hoping he's feeling better quickly. Hope Elsie is ok too.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh no :ohno Poor Beau, poor you. This is what I hate the most about IBD, you stress out for months and months until FINALLY you find some sort of balance whereby things work or at least are generally calm, and when you least expect it - BANG, flare-up. :( Been there too many times. I hope this is just a small setback, Robin, and that Beau will get better quickly with Flagyl. I remember only too well all that you went through back in 2009 - heartbreaking :grouphug

Please keep us posted. And, as hard as it is, please try to take deep breaths. You are in my thoughts.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest laceyj

Keeping Beau in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping this is just a short and minor bump in the road.

Joanne and brother Bandit

Guest Vers

Hoping this is nothing like 2009, and that Beau has a quick and complete recovery. Beau, get better and don't worry your person so!

Oh dear, I'm sorry this is happening. What was in the shot? Did the vet think the pain was from gas? Sweet Beau is in our thoughts and prayers.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I was surprised to see on the bill that they gave him 50mg of tramadol muscularl so it is throughout the day.

Tomorrow we start the flagyl but continue on the pedcid.

Just received email from my vet (she was not in today) and said she called to speak to the vet I did see (I had emailed her about Beau). She said give it 48 hours. If there is no improvement, she wants him back on budesonide.

I haven't felt this scared and helpless in a long time. I know we have been extremely fortunate having had a 3 year run. And I was so grateful for that and never took it for granted.

Hoping this will pass quickly. To see my crazy silly and very vocal boy depressed and so quiet, it really hits hard.

The pain is from the colitis. He is not gassy at all.

Robin, fwiw, we've put Spencer back on Budesonide briefly (2-3 weeks) a couple of times, turned it around, and then been able to discontinue it again.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

My heart sank when I saw the word Flare. Praying this is short lived and Beau is back to his normal self quickly. Hugs to you and Rich, I know what it's like to live on a roller coaster and flare ups drive me mad. :bighug to you all.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending prayers for your sweet Beau and Elsie too. Hugs to you and Rich.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Early evening update. Beau is no longer shaking, panting and isolating. He is now with us all in the den, just hanging. When I fed everyone else, he showed no interest. Hoping that changes tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.