New Here And To Greyhounds

Guest ybtc

hi guys im new here and just wanted to introduce myself, im scott from pittsburgh and my girlfriend and i just adopted our first greyhound.

our neighbor told me to join and its been worth it so far and ive received a ton of help and support already here :)

6971353970_3274fa00a9.jpg

Mosley the greyhound! by ybtc, on Flickr

6908986142_a7536a7973.jpg

my greyhound that im adopting on friday by ybtc, on Flickr

6915195498_c9a859b355.jpg

Mosley the greyhound by ybtc, on Flickr

Guest DragonflyDM

Welcome. I live just north of Pittsburgh. If you ever need anything-- or just want to let the dogs meet at Frick or Hartwood--- send me a message.

Guest Garwood

How does everyone know Mosley is a guy?

ybtc, welcome from the other side of the keystone state. (where the good hockey team is)

thanks everyone for the kind words, the transition when we are in the house was as perfect as could be expected but when we go away for a few hours we're dealing with some SA that we're trying to work on

thanks dragonflydm, we live in the north side and cant wait to get over the frick park. my sister has a lab and loves it there

garwood... id like to share a little picture and a number with you! :) first the number..

2nd the picture

3622045267_5885e8a94a.jpg

Gimme that Cup! by Lets_Go_Pens, on Flickr

good luck with the devils!

Edited by ybtc

Welcome!

How does everyone know Mosley is a guy?
Garwood, besides the name of Mosley, which even in this age of unisex first names still sounds masculine to me, you can often tell by the head shape. I think male greyhounds have bigger and a little boxier heads than females. And their muzzles tend to be a little bigger, proportionately.

Maybe someone will start a contest of new (to us) greyhound pics and we can guess the gender.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm laughing as I look at Mosley's pictures. He's beautiful and when we went to pick up our "foster" we said we would like to have a brindle this time because our cow dog had passed and I wanted my next grey to be different looking so I wouldn't be constantly reminded of Jackson at the bridge. also said that since we were older we should get a smaller grey as it would be easier to handle if there were any issues.......anyway we have an84 pound red fawn and of course we totally failed at fostering. He's ours. Sorry to talk about my dog and not yours...it just made me laugh looking at the dog we thought we should have! Tons of luck with your totally beautiful brindle!!

Welcome to GT! Mosely's beautiful and very photogenic. Congratulations!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

You have a very handsome hound! We are looking forward to hearing more about him in the future.

welcome.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest Liz

Not only is he beautiful I love his name! Welcome. I did call Mosely a him but I guess Mosely could be a girl. My little girl's name is Chauncey, that was her name when we got her and we liked the name so we decided to keep it. a lot of people thought she was a he because of the name so I call her Lady Chauncey.

Edited by Liz