Dr Couto Receives Award

Guest mowreyAZ

Dr. couto is a hero and he deserve this award. Thank you Dr. couto for such dedicated service.

Edited by mowreyAZ

:confetti Congratulations to a wonderful and caring man! :confetti

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greyhoundgirl1

Dr. Couto is a rare individual. He has helped a countless number of us in our cancer battles. I know, one day, he will help us find a cure for the cancers that have robbed so many of us of beautiful greys! Well deserved honor.

Awesome and well deserved!

Though IMO he could receive an award every day of the year and still not get enough kudos. I hope he has some inkling of how much he has impacted the greyhound world, one dog at a time. A true hero.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Awesome and well deserved!

Though IMO he could receive an award every day of the year and still not get enough kudos. I hope he has some inkling of how much he has impacted the greyhound world, one dog at a time. A true hero.

Well said- I'm right with ya!

Well-deserved! :clap

Personal experience - he came in to OSU while he was on vacation to see Twiggy who was there for her osteo evaluation and amputation! He personally gave me his evaluation (and apologized for wearing jeans - his vacation duds), and he is just a wonderful person!

Compared to what he does overall, this was very small-potatoes, but for us, it was huge!

(Additional shout-out to Jane, who made Dr. Couto aware of our arrival, and really was the impetus for him to evaluate Twiggy and meet with me! - Jane needs an award, too!)

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Indeed, he deserves this and so much more. I am humbled by his caring. He replied to my e-mail concerning Charlie on a weekend while he was in Florida for a speech just about two weeks ago. He offered for me to come down to OSU and he would have CT scan done and determine himself whether surgery was an option. He is truly wonderful and caring human being and is a godsend for Greyhounds and Greyhound owners.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest mirinaaronsmom

He's an amazing man (a super-man). How does he find the time to do so much? So glad to hear he was recognized for all his hard work. I don't know what we would do without him.

Well deserved. His research gets so much attention (as it should) that his teaching sometimes gets overshadowed. I was very comforted to find Patrick in the hands of one of his former students, who was extraordinarly grey savy and passionate about the breed.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.