Please Think Good Thoughts For Chase

We had to take Chase to the evet 4 1/2 hours ago. He got a cut on his face 3 1/2 hours before that. At first it didn't seem all that bad. I put Neosporin on it and a light bandage. He kept pawing at it, though and it started to tear. Now he's being stitched up and being put under to do it. So please keep him in your thoughts if you don't mind. I'm awaiting the call to hear that we can go get him.

Also, please keep my bank account in your thoughts. About $1000. I hate VCA but they're the only 24 hour game in town.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Lots of good thoughts for Chase. Man, that's a lot for stitches!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

How is he Tracey?

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest BrianRke

Hope Chase is doing well this morning. I have to agree with Judy, $1000 is A LOT for stitches!! That would have been about a $250 visit here at the E-Vet.

Just heard I can pick him up in a couple hours.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

More good thoughts and hope he is back home and comfortable within the next few hours.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest sheila

I hope they gave you antibiotics when you picked him up. I had a hound with a face wound and the vet neglected that part. Two days later (on a Friday at vets closing time) I came home and found my hounds face so swollen he looked more like a Dane than a grey. I called the vet and the receptionist told me they were about to close. I said I didn't care, I would be there in 10 minutes. When I got my hound in and the vet pressed on my hounds face the puss shot out about 4' across the room! It was really gross.

yikes :( sending hugs and prayers! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Chase came home with a drain, a cone, tramadol and clavamox. He goes back on Sunday for drain removal. He's sad but fine. Just my sensitive boy.

Bill was $900. It started at over $2000 supposedly but the vet had it down to a range of 1200-1600 before she presented it to us. I said no way. Told them $1000 max for what I know my CT vet would have charged about $400 for. Left $900 deposit. Today they tried to charge additional $59. I said give me scripts for a different antibiotic and tramadol and I'll go to Costco. They said let's call it even. Guess there's so much fat built in they can go from $2000 to $900 and still laugh all the way to the bank.

Continued good thoughts!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Glad he came through it and is home with you now. Good for you for holding the line on their charges, too!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Just saw this, minimal internet until now. I'm so glad he's okay, if not a bit sore. Hugs to our handsome boy, and to you Tracey. :bighug

Prayers for an uneventful healing.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guess there's so much fat built in they can go from $2000 to $900 and still laugh all the way to the bank.

:nod I loved my VCA vets but the whole billing system is corporate controlled. The vet can override some things to a point, but their fees were crazy expensive.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

How's Chase doing today?

Sending gentle hugs to him and to your billfold.

He's doing well. Thanks for asking! He got his drain out today (well, yesterday now. Sunday afternoon) and the vet said she was really happy with how everything looked. 7-9 more days and we get his stitches out.