Please Keep Vegas In Your Thoughts

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Vegas will be going in for a dental and some extractions on Monday, i hate putting him under but it has to be done and it doesn't help that he reacts to worse with being put under than most greyhounds so Please keep him in your thoughts for easy tooth removals and fast recovery.

Good thoughts for your boy. John E had trouble with anesthesia and our vet used something she called quick release. Maybe you could ask about it.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Vegas will be in my thoughts, for sure, as will you. I'll hope they give him every possible advantage.

For whatever it's worth: The vet knew I was very concerned about Spencer, going into his last dental. One thing they did differently this time, I learned later, was have his favorite tech stay and hang with him from the time I brought him in until it was time for the procedure. (I think they may have started the hydration a little earlier beforehand too.) For whatever combination of reasons, he came out of it, despite some big extractions, better than he ever did before. Bounced into the car under his own steam two hours later! No whining or difficulty at home this time either.

A kiss for luck, Vegas! :kiss2

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Vegas - we will all be thinking of you and sending our very best wishes.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Best wishes for Vegas tomorrow, keeping you both in my thoughts.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Good thoughts for Vegas! I hope all goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

sending prayers!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Thank you everyone for all the good thoughts for Vegas, He did very well and only lost 1 molar (a big one).

I am VERY happy with the vet and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone, they are greyhound savvy very professional and caring and very well priced. I would be happy to travel down there again for my dogs dental needs.

He came out of the Anesthesia very well and was happy and had his tail wagging when we picked him up, they didn't try to sell me anything during the visit either :)

BIG SKY VET

Guest Lovey_Hounds

The prices at this vet are amazing and the staff are worth their weight in gold and make sure to communicate with you so you know what is going on. I got 2 phone calls from the Vet himself during the time he was there letting me know what he saw and what he was going to do.